New here, help trying to identify a Charvel please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, help trying to identify a Charvel please

Hi! I´m Nicholas, from Chile, South America, and registered in this forum because I´ve found a very nice used Charvel guitar on a 2nd hand instrument store. Price is U$670. I want to verify the guitar´s authenticity, but there they don´t allow me to contact the owner directly and I couldn´t get photos of it. Also, there´s a possibility of being a stolen item, but that´s another story, I guess... So, I memorized the most of the specs I could. I´ll be very pleased if someone helps me with the analisis... OK:
    - Bird´s eye maple neck, not sure if fingerboard is rosewood or other (ebony?) but it´s dark. There´s this long darker line at the center back of the neck (don´t know it´s name). Dot inlays. Uuups, don´t remember if 22 or 24 frets...
    - Strat style headstock, maple color (same as neck), Charvel logo (the one with a guitar´s shape) with a little "tm" ending and "MADE IN USA" under the logo, until about the "E" of Charvel.
    - No marks of previous string trees, only with a long one very near the locking nut, both are silver color.
    - Black tuning machines , all 6 with "Jackson" logo at their back.
    - I couldn´t find the hole of the truss rod anywhere (nothing at the headstock and there is practically no space between the neck´s finish and the neck pickup).
    - Can´t describe body color exactly; it´s like the bird´s eye maple but browner. Lots of dings at its sides.
    - Jack is at the side, oval shape with 2 screws. Black, I guess.
    - S-S-H PU´s (bridge and neck looks like Duncans, middle is different), Push-pull Vol, Tone and 5-way switch. An extra switch (little toggle) makes the guitar sound thinner.
    - Original Floyd Rose, color black.
    - Neck/Body plate is 4 screw. Letters are silver color, contourn too, rest is "black". It has only the "Jackson" logo, serial number is 002274, and it had an address. Just remember the words "Bel Air" and "Ontario".
    - 2 plates for cavities (tremolo and electronics).
    - Back of the body has a kind of "quarter circle" shape around the neck/body plate, that I´ve seen before on a Charvel Fusion model.
    - Electronics are not well grounded, I guess. When I stopped touching strings or hardware, a buzz appeared.

So, is this guitar a real Charvel? If it is, what model could it be? Where was it made? A little history about it maybe?

I´d appreciate a lot any kind of collaboration. These guitars are not typical in my country. I don´t know if I had to post this long message in this section or not, sorry if I did wrong.

Thanks!

Nicholas.

Re: New here, help trying to identify a Charvel pl

Sounds like an early San Dimas Reissue series guitars with a Jackson USA plate.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

This is a Charvel #002269 USA San Dimas Model 4 Made in the USA in 1994:

http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/cha...02269-toby.jpg
      http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/cha...002269back.jpg

I'm assuming yours is similar... Yes, it's real and at a fair price.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] too funny! I was just digging thru the gallery, looking for guitars that match Nico's description, and was look right at 002269 when I flicked back over here to check the description again.

This SD3 is a likely candidate too.
        http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/cha...51142-toby.jpg
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Very quick! Thank you guys for your cooperation. Xenophobe, the guitar back is exactly the same as the one on the second pic (2269 back) you put here, and the front is the same style of the first photo, but brown.
          So, you say it´s not fake? Would someone please explain me how good this guitar is (please devoted Charvel fans, don´t feel offended [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) Or maybe a parallel with another model of another brand (if the comparison doesn´t violate some rule of the forum)? My questions are because I´ve seen a few Charvels on the net, and their prices (say, for a new San Dimas model) and people´s comments on them makes me think they are incredible guitars, but as I said before, these aren´t typical and they aren´t sold in Chile (only a few Charvettes), so there´s no other way of knowing better this guitar than asking here, I guess.

Thank you again for your help,

Nicholas.

Comment

Yeah, the Charvel factory used to be on Airport Road in Ontario, CA.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
            X