Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where was my vintage Charvel made?

Hi,

I have a vintage Charvel from the eighties with the Jackson-style “handwriting” Charvel logo, with a Jackson bridge humbucker and Jackson neck single coil, and a Floyd Rose tremolo. Rosewood fretboard with dot style fret markers. Its serial number is 330045. Any idea where it might have been made? Japan? US?

thanks

pictures would help, but assuming the given information is correct...

Japan - Fort Worth is a mailing address.

1989 - Based on you saying "eighties" and the logo style. Not based on serial. If it is a bolt on, you can't track these by serial. Better chance that it is a 'nineties', but 1989 is possible.

Comment

After having done more research, it seems to be a Japanese 275 Deluxe. I wish there was a way to tell the exact year

Comment

in 1989 (model year, not calendar year) the 275 had a JT-6
        otherwise, it would have a JT-570

As far as an exact year...
        Most people care less about the year for these type of mass produced items. It is more about a figuring out which model it is - and then years can be narrowed down because they were only made for a few years and some of them had minor spec changes which would help narrow it down more.

Comment

Are the JT-6 and JT-570 visually different? My humbucker is a solid black rectangle with the Jackson logo in the corner. In other words, the individual “dots” are not visible on the pickup. Not sure if that’s enough info to say which of those two humbucker this one is?

Comment

They are different visually. The JT-570 is Schaller and single locking and recessed I believe. Might be stamped Charvel or Jackson. It’s even easier for a deluxe 275. Bigger Strat or smaller Dinky body? If Strat first year, if Dinky the next years. The Dinky bodies would have triple singles anyway, though they are often modded so that confuses people into thinking they are Fusion Specials or Deluxes.
            Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
            My collection also there!

Comment

My '89 275 Deluxe. These are rarer than the next version with the slanted dual single coils at the bridge position that a lot of people swapped out for a humbucker. As stated above, Made in Japan, and a damn fine guitar. IMHO these are the more sought after due to the JT-6 being a better bridge than the JT-570. Electronics were better too with the J-90C bridge pickup too.

Comment

89 in pink is a bit rare too... Black, not so much

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	2551270
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Plus you gottta play

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-tqhqt9hKmc
                  I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                    My '89 275 Deluxe. These are rarer than the next version with the slanted dual single coils at the bridge position that a lot of people swapped out for a humbucker. As stated above, Made in Japan, and a damn fine guitar. IMHO these are the more sought after due to the JT-6 being a better bridge than the JT-570. Electronics were better too with the J-90C bridge pickup too.

So I think you’re saying your bridge pickup is a JT-6, correct?

My guitar looks exactly like this (except it’s blue).

Comment

Originally posted by GitarreDude View Post

So I think you’re saying your bridge pickup is a JT-6, correct?

My guitar looks exactly like this (except it’s blue).
                      The trem is a JT-6 Stock pickup is a J90C

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

The trem is a JT-6 Stock pickup is a J90C
                        Got it, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                          My submission to the jury...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-nbLIMqWqU

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post

My submission to the jury...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-nbLIMqWqU
                            Sounds good bro

Comment

Working...
                            X