Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long was the wait for your recent custom shop order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long was the wait for your recent custom shop order?

I just got a lead time window of ~4 years! Outrageous!

i ordered august 2020 and still waiting...

and they originally quoted me 18 months. so the 4 year window could be even longer
    Last edited by metalhobo; 02-07-2023, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Atleast you get plenty of time to get the money together.

Comment

And this is not related to CoVid or "supply chains". It has been that way for quite some time.

Comment

Dang. My local dealer told me they are now taking custom shop orders, specifically master built options. I've been asking them for quite sometime now, within 4 years.

Comment

Circa 2015,I was told 2 years for my custom shop charvel. Turned out to be 3.5 years exactly.

Comment

I initially thought Jackson/Charvel were just giving preferential treatment to their endorsees because we peasants are obviously not worth even eating the sawdust off of Mike Shannon's workbench, let alone ever seeing a custom shop guitar, but it turns out even their endorsees are having to wait outrageous wait times as well.

Comment

I just ordered a Custom Charvel from Sweetwater off their website, the rep told me 3-4 weeks although he's way off and another guy who ordered the same one said 7 months and another guy 14 months. So I assume it'll eventually show up
                This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by tgreensl1 View Post
                  I just ordered a Custom Charvel from Sweetwater off their website, the rep told me 3-4 weeks although he's way off and another guy who ordered the same one said 7 months and another guy 14 months. So I assume it'll eventually show up
                  **update to the situation- Sweetwater called today to let me know my Custom Shop San Dimas is shipping today. Apparently Sweetwater had one en route after I placed the order and I was at the top of the list.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...?serial=C15464
                  This space for rent

Comment

**update to the situation- Sweetwater called today to let me know my Custom Shop San Dimas is shipping today. Apparently Sweetwater had one en route after I placed the order and I was at the top of the list.

Love that man, beautiful axe! A throwback to a model 2 Wish they did these as standard with all configurations…

Comment

That's bad assed right there! Congratulations!!!

Comment

looks like they got another one in stock too - https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...andy-apple-red
                        This space for rent

Comment

Hi all

4 years and 2 months of waiting for me. Ordered in 02/2019, final inspection on 02/27/2023, received in France on 04/20/23.
                          And yet ordered from a department store, which each year sells several Fender CS, dozens of Jackson, Charvel and Fender series (any range and origin), the wait is always +4 years for a Jackson CS and +5 years for a Fender CS.

It's long, but it's worth it ! The ultimate axe !

Comment

Working...
                          X