Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson now offers a serial look up

https://serialnumberlookup.jacksonguitars.com/lookup/

But it is only Fender-era guitars. And most imports won't be included.

The thing that gets my gizzard is that the fuckers at Fender don't suggest JCF to help find information. I mean, Grover Jackson sent me here. But Fender???

That is pretty cool. THe captcha is annoying. It doesnt have special runs apparently.

Also does fender know that this place even exists.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
      That is pretty cool. THe captcha is annoying. It doesnt have special runs apparently.

Also does fender know that this place even exists.
      they definitely know. but they'd never send anybody here because they can't control what's said/discussed here. they're more concerned with bean counting than helping customers

Comment

the lookup doesn't work with either of my late '80s bolt ons nor my '90s JJ bass. not complaining, just observing. edit: oops, just read it's only fender-only. obviously my guitars wouldn't be in there then.

it sucks that you have to do multiple captcha to look up multiple numbers. that is a complaint.

Comment

I tested a couple of my guitars and it works pretty well for dating your guitar. And confirming colour and such.

Comment

I use the Fender Serial Number Lookup (https://serialnumberlookup.fender.com/lookup/) to verify Fender guitars, including my own American-made Strats, and it is mostly accurate.

For one of my Strats, the Lookup claims that the bridge pickup is a single coil. It's most definitely an HSS guitar and was never modified.

It is also missing some models. At least one of my Strats "doesn't exist" in the Lookup.

Still, I like it. The massive amount of specs that the Lookup shares on each guitar is staggering.

Just going by the Fender Lookup, I have faith the Jackson Lookup will be reliable.

Comment

It apprently doesnt work with Custom shop models. Also i tried 1 Adrian smith model and didnt get that one either. So pretty much only standard models. Works with the new american series too.

Edit: It works on some custom shop models like this one "Music Zoo Exclusive - Jackson Custom Shop SL2H-V Soloistâ„¢ (2011)"

Last edited by ed; 01-16-2023, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Does not work for any of mine.

Comment

Working...
                X