Identifying Jackson Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying Jackson Dinky

Hello. Please help to identify, if this guitar is authentic Jackson Dinky USA or not.
    Owner bought it on eBay in 2011, that is all info available.
    There is no serial on last fret or neck plate, that is what bothers me.

Last edited by mrArsPo; 11-13-2022, 02:25 PM.

Pocket would say DK1 Not DXR, which would be an a dinky reverse X like ?. The neck looks fake!! the layout doesn't look right besides the crosses, the logo looks off no usa plate

Click image for larger version

Name:	jackson-usa-select-dinky-dk1-black.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	2550007

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

the body is certainly not a USA.

I can't speak to the provenance of the neck but there is supposedly such a thing as a "woodburn" neck which jackson would sell as a replacement part. https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...son-neck/page3

this is not necessarily supporting whether the neck is a legitimate usa, a counterfeit, or whatever, or not but just a FYI. it additionally seems odd to me that the neck appears to be flatsawn. pretty much all usa necks should be quartersawn. that's one of the defining features of the production usa j/c stuff.

Comment

The body is stamped DK-6 2002.
        I don't see what the question is with that.
        *DK-6 is an import.

The neck....
        I am not seeing anything that screams real or fake. But it is certainly not a DK6 neck.
        Those inlays look real good. Probably from the factory.
        *The strings are strung backwards.

Comment

Downloaded it and zoomed in, the logo is a waterslide, the inlays look to be stickers, no coloration differences like They're solid white. Could be a woodburn, you can just see all kinds of paint and branding issues for it to be factory, shit look at the J on the Jackson without zoom and the edge of the paint, very inconsistent to a factory job.

Added; It's not stamped DK anything, it's stamped DX6 which I'll assume is some sort of India model?
          Last edited by john.w.lawson; 11-14-2022, 08:38 PM.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Body is from a DX6. Who knows where they got the neck from. Here's what a DX6 looks like. https://reverb.com/item/11464596-jac...tar-japan-rare
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X