No announcement yet.

King V Reversed headstock model/years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King V Reversed headstock model/years?

Hi all,

G'day, new user here. Basically I've finally reached a point where its time for me to buy a guitar I always wanted and thought I'd ask here.

Did Jackson ever offer the King V in a reversed headstock model and if so, would anyone be kind enough as to tell me which previous years models I could find these in please?
    I have gone through the forum search and also a couple catalogues but its slow going.

The only specifics are:
    1) It has to be a King V (not Rhoads)
    2) Fixed or Floating bridge is fine
    3) Not a modified signature that no longer has the original King V shape (e.g. COREY BEAULIEU)

I'd rather not wait +2-3 years for JCS. Also if it was never offered, I guess apart from custom shop, the next best option would be to find a bolt-on King V and get a reversed neck from Warmoth or so?
    (part of me is contemplating getting a body + neck from Warmoth and maybe getting a local luthier to build it. However I don't know what the customer experience is like from them these days, hopefully no horror stories)
    Happy to hear your thoughts.

Cheers.

Why Warmoth.
    Buy two Jackson guitars. Then swap the body and neck

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
      Why Warmoth.
      Buy two Jackson guitars. Then swap the body and neck
      You could do this pretty cheap. Get a DX10 neck, I just sold one for 100 bucks on ebay. But if you have the bucks for a CS here's a link to one for sell

https://reverb.com/item/57267958-jac..._source=google
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Yes the staying with Jackson parts is the better option. Warmoth uses a Fender sized heel where Jackson uses a wider 2 and 1/4" heel so without some sort of spacer there would be a gap around the neck.

Comment

Thanks guys. So since part swap seems to be the common suggestion, does that mean King V's never came with a reverse headstock in prior year models at all?
          Also by 'swap' you mean putting a lefty neck on a righty body to get the reversed headstock look?

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
          ....But if you have the bucks for a CS here's a link to one for sell

https://reverb.com/item/57267958-jac..._source=google
          It looks nice but that amount of money I'd rather do my own JCS as I cant stand pickup rings generally. If its a cheaper DIY project, thats another story. Thanks for link though.
          Last edited by slapnutz; 07-20-2022, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slapnutz View Post
            Thanks guys. So since part swap seems to be the common suggestion, does that mean King V's never came with a reverse headstock in prior year models at all?
            Also by 'swap' you mean putting a lefty neck on a righty body to get the reversed headstock look?

It looks nice but that amount of money I'd rather do my own JCS as I cant stand pickup rings generally. If its a cheaper DIY project, thats another story. Thanks for link though.
            you could put a lefty neck but then the logo would be upside down. they mean take a neck off a different guitar (dinky, etc.) that had a reverse headstock, of which there are many.

Comment

does that mean King V's never came with a reverse headstock in prior year models at all?
              I can't speak for others, but I know that I have no knowledge of the situation, nor did I bother to look it up.

There are plenty of options. Lefties. Reverse headstocks. Reverse inlays.
              *Here's a fun fact, a left handed neck, with a reverse headstock and reverse inlays.... would look completely normal. But the logo would be upside down and the side markers would be on the wrong side.

You won't get a CS for that little, not to mention the 3 year wait.

Comment

I don't know about king V's either but like others said lots of other models did over the years. Basically, if you get a King V body that uses a 24-fret neck you can just pick which inlays you want as there are currently on Ebay reverse headstock 24 fret necks with shark fins, reverse shark fins, piranha's or offset dots.
                jackson reverse neck in Guitars: Search Result | eBay

Comment

Right right, sorry for misunderstanding. I dunno why I just thought that maybe non-King V necks might not be easily swappable into a King V due to maybe pocket dimensions/angle/fitment or something. Obviously it was an incorrect assumption on my part so thanks for clarifying dudes. That opens up a lot more options.
                  Appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                  X