Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated my arsenal

Better pics of a few of them below ...

Sorry for the shitty pic. I'll try to get some better ones eventually. Still have a few things to change on them. Here's a better pic with a few new additions:

X series and pro don't feel different to me. Seems they're made in the same factory. I upgraded parts on all of them. Gotoh mostly. They all play and sound great.
    Last edited by thetruthguy; 04-30-2022, 01:35 PM.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Very nice herd!

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

That's a nice selection of ShredMania!!

Are any of the Single Cut Style Marty Friedman Series?

Comment

Second from the right is the X series MF1. I just changed out the hardware to gold. Very nice guitar.

Comment

Comment

Sick. That is beautiful to look at. I always felt the MF headstock direction (reverse 3x3) looks way better than the Monarkh.
              2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
              Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
              Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
              Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Comment

I agree, if only they came in more colors. I'd love to have a white one with black outline.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
                  X series and pro don't feel different to me. Seems they're made in the same factory. I upgraded parts on all of them. Gotoh mostly. They all play and sound great.
                  Did you replace the tuners, bridge or both? I'm looking at possibly getting a Monarkh but there is remarkably little about them out there.

Comment

Gotoh top locking tuners, magnum locks I think they're called, and Gotoh knobs, and Tonepros bridges and tailpieces. I see them on Reverb every now and then. I've got a trans red and trans purple one too but will probably put those on Reverb down the road. The stock hardware is fine. The tuners on my models, which are from 2016, are Jin-ho and Gotoh fits in fine. The Jin-ho aren't bad tuners either. Then in 2018 I think they started using the Jackson locking tuners, which are what came on my MF1. Most of these Jackson parts are probably made by Jin-ho or Ping or a similar company. Nothing bad. I just wanted to upgrade everything to gold hardware. My X series plays really nice and I don't see much difference between the Pros and the Xs. The MF1 is an X series and it plays great too. All-in-all, great guitars. My buddy just bought a JS Rhoads and upgraded to Invader pickups, rewired everything with CTS pots, and upgraded the tuners. That thing was 200 bucks and it plays phenomenally. I'm pretty impressed with the quality coming out of Indonesia. I know it's all Cort, but they've come a long way. Now my Rhoads has fret sprouts and was missing ferrules when it came in. I just bought some ferrules and am going to file the fret ends but I probably should have sent it back and got another one. It plays well, though, and sounds/looks great. So out of 7 Indonesian guitars I've bought, only one has had quality issues.

Comment

Comment

Great gits!!

Comment

Working...
                        X