Early (prototype) Floyd Rose help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early (prototype) Floyd Rose help

New to the board and I didn't know where to put this so I apologize in advance. I have inherited a pile of early Floyd Rose prototype bridges an I am looking for some help in identifying some of the odd balls. There is everything from early FRT-5 whale tails to un-stamped early saddle units. There are some weird ones that I cant identify. Any help would be appreciated. [email protected]

I have no answer for you. I just wanted to point out how odd it is that google has already indexed this post and included it in search results.
    Yet, I can't get seem to get them to include:

Never use the online serial database lookup website for Jackson Guitars. I can't even say it is inaccurate - it is too bad to be considered inaccurate. It is a monstrosity.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
      I have no answer for you. I just wanted to point out how odd it is that google has already indexed this post and included it in search results.
      Yet, I can't get seem to get them to include:

Never use the online serial database lookup website for Jackson Guitars. I can't even say it is inaccurate - it is too bad to be considered inaccurate. It is a monstrosity.
      You're so right. I don't even know what a FRT5 is? a pic might help
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

man I remember seeing a REALLY good history page for early FR units with pics and everything but now I can't remember where it was

edit: I'm not sure if this was it or not but there are some good pics on here: http://usacharvels.com/id/pg17.htm
        Last edited by metalhobo; 12-07-2021, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
          man I remember seeing a REALLY good history page for early FR units with pics and everything but now I can't remember where it was

edit: I'm not sure if this was it or not but there are some good pics on here: http://usacharvels.com/id/pg17.htm
          Thanks bro,thats not it
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

The Kramer sites often have decent knowledge about earlier floyds.

Comment

The only place to get accurate information about Jackson serial numbers is www.jcfonline.com

Comment

There is a YouTube video I saw awhile back, the guy has 5 or 6 different Floyds but I don't remember what its titled.

Comment

We should all put this in our signatures.

Comment

Woah. What are some egregious examples of it being bad? What’s a better alternative?

Comment

Originally posted by clgnyc View Post
                      What are some egregious examples of it being bad?
                      as far as examples - how many times have we spoken about the Japanese 96xxxxx serial system. Well, that site 'validates' the misinformation that all 98xxxxx guitars were built in 1998. Like, for real, did Jackson not make guitars in 1999?
                      So, you want examples, there's like 200,000 examples right off the bat.

And the funny part, the reason it is only 200,000 is because, yes, some of the 96 serials were actually built in 1996.
                      *it's the old 'a broken clock is right twice a day' scenario

Originally posted by clgnyc View Post
                      What’s a better alternative?
                      www.jcfonline.com is the only reputable place to get valid serial number data
                      with particular attention to these two postings
                      https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...-of-origin-faq
                      https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...st#post2543542
                      Last edited by pianoguyy; 12-10-2021, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X