A jackson performer ps-4 need wiring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A jackson performer ps-4 need wiring.

Hello everyone, i just acquired an old jackson ps4 and i have a problem with it.
    the previous owner has dismantled the electronics and now i cannot find any wiring diagram for it.
    The guitar has: two humbuckers with only 3 WIRES (ground, white and black) so no red or green, one single coil (red/blue wire), 1 tone, 1 volume, 5 ways switch.
    Can anyone help me understanding how to wire the guitar? i cannot find any schematic online.

thanks

you may not like this answer, but...
    wire it anyway you want

Comment

I think he is trying to understand the color coding for the wires of those pickups.

Comment

lot of imformations here.... sometimes when i don't know the answer, i just don't answer.

Comment

The extra wires would be for splitting and other things if you had them, but since you don't just think of it as hot (goes to switch) and ground(s) that goes to the back of the pot. Just look up a diagram for three pickups with a five way switch. White is probably hot. For the single you might have to guess. If you guess wrong simply swap the colors until it works.
          Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
          My collection also there!

Comment

Originally posted by Dovetail77 View Post
            Hello everyone, i just acquired an old jackson ps4 and i have a problem with it.
            the previous owner has dismantled the electronics and now i cannot find any wiring diagram for it.
            The guitar has: two humbuckers with only 3 WIRES (ground, white and black) so no red or green, one single coil (red/blue wire), 1 tone, 1 volume, 5 ways switch.
            Can anyone help me understanding how to wire the guitar? i cannot find any schematic online.

thanks

Should be five wire. Green would be hot if you run a three way( black and red would be your tap, if you run it single phase)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211129_081722[1].jpg
Views:	292
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	2547310

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Hard to draw I've been sick, its just green white green
              Sorry thats totally wrong!!!! Bidge will be if the front on the switch. I'll draw it out again

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211129_100210[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.8 KB ID:	2547314
              Last edited by john.w.lawson; 11-29-2021, 12:41 PM.
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

The b means bridge it's still green

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211129_104537_HDR[1].jpg
Views:	310
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	2547318

Comment

Originally posted by Dovetail77 View Post
                  lot of imformations here.... sometimes when i don't know the answer, i just don't answer.
                  You're welcome by the way. Theres a lot of info on here, people know things I don't! We are all trying to do the best we can to help
                  Last edited by john.w.lawson; 12-01-2021, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X