Custom Shop nowadays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eakinj View Post

One thing I will add, I *think* it was Brad Kelly, I'm not 100% sure, I think there was another Jackson guitarist at the time who'se band had witches or something in their name I had also spoken to, but I think he left jackson shortly after.

jesus this feels like two lifetimes ago now.
    Mine took about 18 months, ordered around end of 2011 and got it in the early 2013. Dang. It is more like a 'tradition' or an 'atmosphere' in the custom shop huh? I guess it is kinda (?) good thing that they have their shop going as it was (pre AMIC or Fender)...

Comment

Last edited by Nidec; 05-24-2022, 11:04 PM. Reason: The system is weird.. it is making me post the same reply!

Comment

Now I really wonder what is the ACTUAL build time for each guitar.

Comment

I ordered a CS Soloist just before. Quote was 18-24 months. I went forward with the order. About 18 months in I had my dealer check on the status. Jacksons response: “We have not started this build it will be at least 24 more months”.

I decided “fuck it”. Cancelled my order and got my money back from the dealer.

Comment

I ordered a CS Soloist just before Covid. Quote was 18-24 months. I went forward with the order. About 18 months in I had my dealer check on the status. Jacksons response: “We have not started this build it will be at least 24 more months”.

I decided “fuck it”. Cancelled my order and got my money back from the dealer.
            Last edited by CaptNasty; 05-26-2022, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I wonder how much a jackson custom would set you back right now since i have seen some thomann prices around 10k euro.

https://www.thomann.de/fi/jackson_so...purple_usa.htm
              very basic build with dot inlays over 9k

https://www.thomann.de/fi/jackson_da...ior_fr_ltd.htm
              Dave Davidson warrior 9k

Comment

I once ordered an SL1T in ivory. This was back when they let you pick from like 30 different colors. I think a year and change later I asked the dealer to swap it for something he had in stock. I lucked out because that dealer went under not too long after and I read some horror stories about undelivered orders.

But man, that axe would've been gorgeous.

Comment

Working...
                X