Custom Shop nowadays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop nowadays

I ordered a guitar last April and was told 16 months of build time… that is long man.
    I was told by a friend that, if you order now, it takes 3 years!? WTF

three years? this tree for your guitar is still growing. No guitar is worth waiting for three years. There are many great
    luthier makers in the world or large companies that have their own Custom Shops where you will get your guitar within a few months, a maximum of a year. I have cured myself a long time ago from the tag on the neck of the neck and guitars costing a few average salaries
    Last edited by Nduro; 10-25-2021, 08:26 AM.

Comment

I'd like to be able to say that "CoVid" has caused problems. But, this is simply typical of Jackson.

But, ya know what.... if they didn't make products worth waiting for, we wouldn't wait. Nor would you be here reading a fansite, because there wouldn't be any fans.

Comment

yeah I ordered last july and the time projection was 16-18 months. I'm scared to ask what the status is.

your original estimated delivery has come and gone mitch. any updates so far?

Comment

The global supply chain is currently damaged and there are significant delays of many products across many industries. I wouldn't be surprised if the custom shop is having a hard time sourcing materials. They should still communicate this, there's no harm in telling people why there are delays.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
            yeah I ordered last july and the time projection was 16-18 months. I'm scared to ask what the status is.

your original estimated delivery has come and gone mitch. any updates so far?
            Wait… one can ask for a status??? How does this work? Via the dealer???
            I have no updates

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post

Wait… one can ask for a status??? How does this work? Via the dealer???
              I have no updates
              Same way you order it. I assume you did so through a dealer, then contact them.
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Have your dealer contact the Jackson rep. It may take several days but they can get you info on where your build is at.

If you have your invoice # you can call Fender customer support and they can look it up for you, but that will be less detailed than getting a status through your rep.

Heads up I just cancelled an order around a month ago. In Aug 2020 I was quoted 18-24 months. In August we asked for an update. The response: your order is waiting to go to production, you are looking at 24+ months from now before you will get the guitar.

I said “fuck that” and cancelled the order.

Comment

Solo...USA selected discontinued, custom shop takes three years or so to deliver, is this the end of Jackson USA?
                  '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
                  '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
                  '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                  '92 Fender Strat scallop
                  '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
                  '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post
                    Have your dealer contact the Jackson rep. It may take several days but they can get you info on where your build is at.

If you have your invoice # you can call Fender customer support and they can look it up for you, but that will be less detailed than getting a status through your rep.

Heads up I just cancelled an order around a month ago. In Aug 2020 I was quoted 18-24 months. In August we asked for an update. The response: your order is waiting to go to production, you are looking at 24+ months from now before you will get the guitar.

I said “fuck that” and cancelled the order.
                    wow man that would make three years total in your case!
                    i was quoted 16 months when I ordered in April 21. That just does not make any sense

Comment

wow man that would make three years total in your case!
                      i was quoted 16 months when I ordered in April 21. That just does not make any sense
                      Their quotes mean nothing anymore. My last custom shop they delivered had a twisted neck then they drig their feet on the return. Blew past delivery date after delivery date.

I think they don’t want to do one off Custom Selects anymore.

Comment

Ordered a Jackson CS Soloist thru a UK retailer. Red sparkle with Gotoh locking tuners, bone nut, dots, SS Jumbo frets and a Gotoh NS510-TS-FE1 tremolo bridge and kill switch with a Broderick control layout. This is pre-COVID-19. Took 25 months. Red Sparkle (and other selected finishes, ie Graphics) added a MINIMUM of 180 days to the build. I ended up buying another guitar (maybe 2) in the meantime. A long wait without doubt, but when it arrived....oh baby!!!

I'm inquiring, thru UK dealerships, as to the current situation as regards Charvel CS orders. I have received replies which vary to the extreme. Charvel are not taking orders till 2023 at least., or............................... Yes ,we can order a Charvel CS for you, but you are now strictly confined to what's on the order form. When given a quote, I was told, be prepared for an alteration in the price (I presume that is heading $$$ up, not $$$ down), even after the deposit is paid. Delivery is at least 12 months but could be anything really. This is a it's ready when it's ready type thing. Apparently, there has been a huge backlog on any brand coming out of the Fender CS in Corona for however long.
                        Last edited by nosferatubites; 05-18-2022, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Well, it's good thing that they at least took your order. It seems like the custom shop is not taking any Masterbuild orders anymore. Anything outside the USA select options are not being even considered in the shop. I've been making frequent inquiries for the last 2~3 years at my local custom shop dealer, and I was not able to even get a quote for one off spec'd guitar.

Comment

I ordered a guitar last April and was told 16 months of build time… that is long man.
                            I was told by a friend that, if you order now, it takes 3 years!? WTF
                            A very long time ago, I spoke to (I want to say Brad Kelly??) this was right after the catalog with the blood splattered Kelly Star came out, and I had asked him about the Kelly star (Which think the Kelly was *his* guitar design) said it was basically just ok, but if I was going to do a custom shop I might as well get the full sized (original sized) kelly with the cut outs because Jackson was so far behind it would be about 2 - 2 1/2 years before anything you ordered was actually built they were so backed up and behind. That was 1999? 2000? somewhere in there. So yeah 3 years isn't unfortunately something new, Jackson is not a company really geared to do mass quantities of Custom Shop guitars. It's sad, but it's the reality.
                            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post

A very long time ago, I spoke to (I want to say Brad Kelly??) this was right after the catalog with the blood splattered Kelly Star came out, and I had asked him about the Kelly star (Which think the Kelly was *his* guitar design) said it was basically just ok, but if I was going to do a custom shop I might as well get the full sized (original sized) kelly with the cut outs because Jackson was so far behind it would be about 2 - 2 1/2 years before anything you ordered was actually built they were so backed up and behind. That was 1999? 2000? somewhere in there. So yeah 3 years isn't unfortunately something new, Jackson is not a company really geared to do mass quantities of Custom Shop guitars. It's sad, but it's the reality.
                              One thing I will add, I *think* it was Brad Kelly, I'm not 100% sure, I think there was another Jackson guitarist at the time who'se band had witches or something in their name I had also spoken to, but I think he left jackson shortly after.

jesus this feels like two lifetimes ago now.
                              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
                              X