Floyd rose nut.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd rose nut.

Hello, I'm new here as I just became the proud owner of a Rhoads RRX24. Real awesome guitar, problem is, I have a very strange metal allergy and there are certain types of metals that give me headaches and nausea upon other symptoms when I touch them. I had gotten rid of a king V KVX before having the same problem. The KV I had and the RRX I have now have the black Floyd Rose Specials and come to find out, the problem for me seems to come from the nut. The tremolo, the knobs, tuners and all that are fine but when i come in contact with the nut, that's where it hurts lol, I can feel it through the strings when i play too so I'm looking at replacing the nut. I have a 98 MIJ Dinky with the Jackson licensed Rose and nothing on that guitar bothers me at all but that nut doesn't seem to be a high as the one I want to replace and I don't want to gut it from that obviously. Upon looking, it seems to be the BH43 nut that comes on the dinky. Can anyone tell me what the actual nut height is on the RRX24? I don't know what materials any of the nuts are made of and its a bit of a crap shoot to order something to see if it bothers me when it comes in so i just might order a Jackson BH43 nut but i don't know if they come in different heights. I really dont want to have to get rid of another guitar because of this. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by beeray48 View Post
    Hello, I'm new here as I just became the proud owner of a Rhoads RRX24. Real awesome guitar, problem is, I have a very strange metal allergy and there are certain types of metals that give me headaches and nausea upon other symptoms when I touch them. I had gotten rid of a king V KVX before having the same problem. The KV I had and the RRX I have now have the black Floyd Rose Specials and come to find out, the problem for me seems to come from the nut. The tremolo, the knobs, tuners and all that are fine but when i come in contact with the nut, that's where it hurts lol, I can feel it through the strings when i play too so I'm looking at replacing the nut. I have a 98 MIJ Dinky with the Jackson licensed Rose and nothing on that guitar bothers me at all but that nut doesn't seem to be a high as the one I want to replace and I don't want to gut it from that obviously. Upon looking, it seems to be the BH43 nut that comes on the dinky. Can anyone tell me what the actual nut height is on the RRX24? I don't know what materials any of the nuts are made of and its a bit of a crap shoot to order something to see if it bothers me when it comes in so i just might order a Jackson BH43 nut but i don't know if they come in different heights. I really dont want to have to get rid of another guitar because of this. Thanks in advance.
    Could just look on ebay for a used 475 or 375 schaller nut. I bought one and it fight my MIJ Jackson soloist or maybe a JT-500 nut
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Thanks, I will look in to those. I did find that they make shims to put underneath to raise the nut height if i need to.

Comment

Thanks, I will look in to those. I did find that they make shims to put underneath to raise the nut height if i need to.
        they would more than likely be tall enough. the JT-500 nuts made of different metal. used to be able to buy them for next to nothing. I probably have one, i'll look though my boxs and message you if I have one.
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

they would more than likely be tall enough. the JT-500 nuts made of different metal. used to be able to buy them for next to nothing. I probably have one, i'll look though my boxs and message you if I have one.
          Ok awesome. Thanks.

Comment

Ok awesome. Thanks.
            Found these three so far. The one with the arrow pointing towards it has been electrically charged and dipped into the coating. (it feels less like steal. Its also the shortest height wise. I know I have more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210818_104526[2].jpg
Views:	177
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	2545750

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Found these three so far. The one with the arrow pointing towards it has been electrically charged and dipped into the coating. (it feels less like steal. Its also the shortest height wise. I know I have more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210818_104526[2].jpg
Views:	177
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	2545750

Sorry for the late write back. been crazy with lots of work the past day. How much are you looking to sell em for? And thanks a lot for looking out for me.

Comment

Sorry for the late write back. been crazy with lots of work the past day. How much are you looking to sell em for? And thanks a lot for looking out for me.
                P.M sent. You can just have the heavily coated one.

Comment

Working...
                X