Jackson RR5 Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson RR5 Value

What do you guys think a 1984 RR5 String through is worth in average condition? One pick up has been changed but otherwise it’s original.

There was no RR5 in 1984. Is this a guitar you're looking to buy? If the year is misrepresented, be wary of other things that may be misrepresented as well.

Comment

RR5 was a typo. Its a string through. The serial comes back 1984. Its dark blue or purple in color hard to tell from the photograph.

Comment

Then post some pictures or a detailed description so we can figure out what it is.

Comment

I agree with Sunbane. Photos would help identify the guitar.

If the serial number is truly from 1984, the guitar is likely a San Dimas era Rhoads. A Rhoads Custom would have had an ebony fretboard, MOP sharkfins, and binding on the headstock and fretboard. A Rhoads Student would have had a rosewood fretboard, MOP dots, and no binding. These were just the general levels of trim, and crossover was not impossible (for example, MOP sharkfins on a rosewood fretboard).

Comment

This one has your typical.inlays and I believe is a student model. No binding at all. For some reason my image hosting is down for upgrading. What would you pay for something like this? All the hardware is black.

Comment

For a used USA model in decent condition, I'd be prepared to pay around $900-$1000. But I'm not a collector, and I've been out of touch with the "market" for a number of years, so my estimate might be off.
              Last edited by Sunbane; 08-06-2021, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                For a used USA model in decent condition, I'd be prepared to pay around $900-$1000. But I'm not a collector, and I've been out of touch with the "market" for a number of years, so my estimate might be off.
                thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X