Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese vs mexican vs us

Hi
    looking for ways to tell them apart, local shop has a purple so cal hss with dimarzios but I’m trying to figure out the country of mfg, owner is a nice guy but not sure if he knows, first time I went in it was jap, next American. 1200 is the price
    thoughts?

Year. Model. Serial.
    Sometimes there is a stamp or sticker.

Other than that... no, there is no way to tell where it was made.

*The word 'model' stated above includes features/specs, which would be used to help determine the model.

Comment

Cool, im' familiar with the old model series, Ive got an old model 4 in black cherry from the 80s and a slime green so cal mexican just trying to figure out if its worth the price!

Comment

Model Series. Model 4.
        Capitalize those bastards.
        Do not capitalize model 475 or model So Cal, as they are just a 475 and a So Cal. But the Model Series models have Model in their name.

I know, it gets confusing.

Comment

Stores are different.
          But a person to person cash sale, in this environment, $1200 is about right for certain MiM models (see my post regarding the Fruity Colors) and high for others models, and it is a steal for MiJ and USA.

*although, the free cash of the CoVid era has come to an end and people need to start paying their bills, so I expect prices to drop.

Comment

Usually the country of manufacture is somewhere on the guitar, typically on the headstock face, back of the headstock, or the neckplate (if it is a bolt-neck guitar).

Based on your brief description it sounds like one of the newer USA Select Series: https://charvel.com/gear/series/usa-...-fr/2836203752 If it is exactly that, $1200 would be a pretty good price, considering these models were only released in the past couple of years or so, and therefore the guitar in question could be close to brand new, and as seen in the link I provided, the street price is $1999.99.

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 08-03-2021, 06:00 PM.

Comment

*I assumed it was used

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                Usually the country of manufacture is somewhere on the guitar, typically on the headstock face, back of the headstock, or the neckplate (if it is a bolt-neck guitar).

Based on your brief description it sounds like one of the newer USA Select Series: https://charvel.com/gear/series/usa-...-fr/2836203752 If it is exactly that, $1200 would be a pretty good price, considering these models were only released in the past couple of years or so, and therefore the guitar in question could be close to brand new, and as seen in the link I provided, the street price is $1999.99.

That’s totally it!!!
                thanks so much! Small mom n pop shop, used guitar per owner. Good guy, bought many guitars from him, may have to get one more!!!

Comment

Glad to help! If you have an ongoing good relationship with the shop, have you considered negotiating a price? I would be comfortable spending the $1200, but less than that would make the deal even more appealing.

Too few of our fellow JCFers have any of these new Charvel USA Select Series. If you buy it, I think posting photos/videos and/or a detailed review would help the community immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                    Model Series. Model 4.
                    Capitalize those bastards.
                    Do not capitalize model 475 or model So Cal, as they are just a 475 and a So Cal. But the Model Series models have Model in their name.

I know, it gets confusing.
                    Sticky this!

Comment

Working...
                    X