Model ID Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model ID Please

*Major sarcasm warning ahead* Can anyone tell me what version of King V I have? Got this in a trade and do not want to keep it as I already have a Crosby,. Notice the creative removal of one of the knobs and pickups and the addition of the pickguard lol. How could someone hack this poor guitar up like this?

Last edited by katorocks; 05-02-2021, 01:07 AM.

So I discovered its a 2012 kvxmg that originally had an EMG 81 and 85 in it. Of course I can’t stand EMG pick ups so I’m currently installing a couple of old DiMarzios I’ve had laying around for a long time.

Comment

That could've looked cool if the person had an eye for colours.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by katorocks View Post
        *Major sarcasm warning ahead* Can anyone tell me what version of King V I have? Got this in a trade and do not want to keep it as I already have a Crosby,. Notice the creative removal of one of the knobs and pickups and the addition of the pickguard lol. How could someone hack this poor guitar up like this?

They have black loctite (super glue) a couple of screw holes and the tips of the wings would be a simple fix.
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

So I decided I’m going to take it over to my local luthier and I’m going to have him install another pick up but leave the pick guard because it doesn’t look too terrible. I’m probably in over my head but oh well LOL

Comment

A black pickup would certainly look better to me.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

So I decided I’m going to take it over to my local luthier and I’m going to have him install another pick up but leave the pick guard because it doesn’t look too terrible. I’m probably in over my head but oh well LOL
              The pick guard doesn't look straight at the top? I'd really ditch it get the right one. IMO
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Probably invested in this one a bit more than I should. I only have one black DiMarzio at the momentThe other one is white as you can see. Not much I can do about that because the only other hum bucker I have came out of an Ibanez and it sounded like crap

Comment

I like the idea of a 1 hum/1 vol, though.
                  I want a Soloist or Dinky like that, badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post

Why not opt for a vintage BC Rich Gunslinger? They play and sound great! I know it’s not the same as a jackson but still pretty cool. I had three of them at one point.

Comment

I'm one of those weirdos that needs everything to match.
                      Can't be mixing brands, my mind couldn't take the disarray.

There's a guitar builder 3 hours from me. I plan to have one of my Soloists made into a 1 and 1 some day.
                      He'll fill the route and lay a veneer over it, plus move the volume to a position I choose.
                      I just hate losing a guitar for weeks.

Comment

Why not opt for a vintage BC Rich Gunslinger? They play and sound great! I know it’s not the same as a jackson but still pretty cool. I had three of them at one point.
                        I have a BC Rich gunslinger, it's one of my top five playing guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

I have a BC Rich gunslinger, it's one of my top five playing guitars.
                          Awesome axes. I had an original Outlaw from 1987 but sadly had to part ways with it and was a dumbass and sold it for half of its actual value. Should've kept it. Now I only have one retro gunslinger in yellow (I hate yellow) but loved the way it played.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post

Want to adopt this one? lmfao

Comment

I'm done with pointy's until they make one that balances like a Soloist or Dinky.

Comment

Working...
                              X