Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify this guitar: 1989 750xl?

Hi all,

I'm brand new to this forum and joined specifically to seek your expertise in identifying a "Toothpaste" logo Charvel. I haven't seen this guitar in person - only these pics. I'm trying to identify it for a friend of a friend who recently lost her husband and isn't quite sure what he left behind.

Based on these online resources, I believe this is a 1989 750xl:

https://www.vintagejapanguitars.com....989-catalogue/
    http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/char...0xl-guitar.htm

The serial number is C900562 and she confirms it is a 24.75 scale

What I see:
    • Arch top
    • Set neck (I assume - it's a solid color so I suppose it could be neck-thru)
    • Toothpaste logo
    • Inverted neck inlays
    • 2 x HB
    • Recessed vol/tone knobs and trem route
    • Magenta color
    These all appear to perfectly match what is described in the Charvel 1989 catalogue and the Audiozone link above (the serial # fits perfectly into the Audiozone list, too)

I would call it case closed but I'm not an expert in Charvel/Jackson and she has someone else telling her that it's not a 750xl and is instead a Chinese model.

Can anyone confirm one way or another?

Many thanks!!
    Last edited by rec28; 04-29-2021, 11:20 PM.

I have never seen 1 in this colour but I can confirm that the guitar in the picture is a 750XL.

If someone is trying to tell something else they are trying to get a great guitar for a good price or trying to flip it or just dont know what they are talking about.
    Last edited by ed; 04-29-2021, 11:25 PM.

Comment

They came in magenta

Click image for larger version

Name:	charvel-750xl-01.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	2544029
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Many thanks to you both!

Comment

Working...
        X