No announcement yet.

quiet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still read the board, but I just haven't had anything to share lately... If I ever get my basement reno finished, I'll be sure to post pics of my new jam area.

Can't remember if I posted pics of my last guitar purchase... If I didn't, here it is -

Got it on Ebay almost two years ago. Plays great. ;-)

Comment

I pop into the FB group and see what's up. My personal FB is private, mainly just so me and my dad can share shit. I don't generally post much on it because all it takes is one traitorous asshat to screw with my job.
      I miss when this place was hoppin'. I'd waste WAAAAYYYYY to many hours here.
      I've got a new custom coming in from our dear friend Sully real soon. Can't wait to share that shit with you guys.
      He and I spent the last year working on a true one-off Sully that looks like some of his regular stuff, but not.

-Rick

Comment

I stay away from Facebook guitar groups because of the perpetuation of false information such as the myths and misconceptions documented here:

https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...lates-usa-made

It gets tiring trying to correct the endless deluge of people who either knowingly or innocently spread wrong information. So I stopped and simply relegate myself to enjoying the JCF instead.

Comment

One thing about the J/C facebook pages that stands out to me is the number of people commenting that clearly have no education on certain topics.

I'm reminded of a very old saying that basically goes:
          Wise men speak because they have something to say.
          Fools speak because they have to say something.

96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Facebook has such a low barrier to entry and makes it TOO EASY for EVERYBODY AND THEIR FATHER to make themselves heard.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Word! Yeah, i don't use it at all but I posted and tagged a married chic that sent me nudes after I told her to stop. that I wasn't interested in anyone thats married. So, they banned me. I'm like wtf look in my messages, well not "all of them" but from her!
              this world is one big mess, my friend.

FB is just BS, I cant handle it lol

I have a suggestion, how about we make a thread where you can post your jams songs, or collabs with other members? let's inspire each other and let's make noise with our Jacksons?

what you say, ha???

Comment

I dont use any social mediums. I don't care what you ate for dinner every night of the week. I don't care what you did last night with your friends that required you using a filter on your pictures and doing a cliche jumping pose. I don't care what online achievement you got playing *insert game name here*. I don't care what new political thing made you mad. I don't need 500000000000000 memes that are asinine. I don't talk to that many people anyhow.

Comment

Good god, could you guys be a little quieter, I'm trying to headbang over here.

Facebook like Twitter is a cancer on society.

Don't check in here much anymore. Feels wrong to show up and just post pictures of the 9th or 10th Edwards I've purchased or the second Sully I got.

Kind of moving into the Rob Lane territory, debating selling everything and buying a boat.

In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Thankful that the place still exists. It's a breath of fresh air (weird to say about a forum more than 20 years old) compared to the Facebook groups. Those things are a mess... Facebook makes people lazy and full of misinformation. I love the serial lookup page that people use to date U serials... perhaps it works great for other brands, but it's just atrociously ass when it comes to Jackson. It goes by second digit being year of manufacture, third month, and the last digits being the number of guitar built that month/year.
                    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I do wish Jackson Guitar Palace was still around too...what happened to that?
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I only us FB to find old friends but yea i dont like it...

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                          I pop into the FB group and see what's up. My personal FB is private, mainly just so me and my dad can share shit. I don't generally post much on it because all it takes is one traitorous asshat to screw with my job.
                          I miss when this place was hoppin'. I'd waste WAAAAYYYYY to many hours here.
                          I've got a new custom coming in from our dear friend Sully real soon. Can't wait to share that shit with you guys.
                          He and I spent the last year working on a true one-off Sully that looks like some of his regular stuff, but not.

I can't wait to see that finished product!

I still lurk and post from time to time on here. I mainly use FB to troll the snow flake friends and family. I don't post much on the JCF FB page. As others have said the signal to noise ratio is damn near unbearable there. Even when knowledgeable people post there are still a bunch of asshat dumbasses that just have to question something that's irrefutable.

I too am glad to see this site is still around. I much prefer forums over Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post

I can't wait to see that finished product!

I still lurk and post from time to time on here. I mainly use FB to troll the snow flake friends and family. I don't post much on the JCF FB page. As others have said the signal to noise ratio is damn near unbearable there. Even when knowledgeable people post there are still a bunch of asshat dumbasses that just have to question something that's irrefutable.

I too am glad to see this site is still around. I much prefer forums over Facebook.
                            PM me your email address ( I lost it ages ago) and I'll send you a few teaser pics... it should be done next week. (fingers crossed)
                            -Rick

Comment

I pop in from time to time. Not sure if it was the other social media that caused things to slow down, or a combination of that and getting older, etc. I have bought and sold a few Charvels and Jacksons over the last few years, but getting older and other major life issues have cut into my internet time. Good to see a few familiar folks popping in from time to time.
                              Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Working...
                              X