Help identifying my Jackson Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying my Jackson Charvel

I’m looking for any help at all in identifying my Jackson Charvel. It has a birdseye maple neck, possibly a Pau F finger board. It has a Strat type headstock with the guitar style Charvel logo but the neck plate says Jackson and the serial number is 002229. The guitar is HSS with Dimarzio pickups, Floyd Rose Trem, five way switch single volume and tone control with a switch located just above. I can’t seem to be able to upload pics. It’s a beautiful green flame colour and quite heavy. Thanks to everyone any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome. Sounds like when Charvel USA came back in 1995 with the SD IV. You'll need to find a site to host the pics and then link here; something like imgur.com or similar.

Does yours look like this? https://reverb.com/item/25113566-cha...nsparent-green
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That looks very similar. Mine has black hardware. I’ll try to get some pics up. Thank you!

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.

Comment

That would actually be the San Dimas III with the black hardware. I remember seeing them in catalogs and magazines back around 1995. Here's a copy of the catalog I could find.Scroll to page 6. https://www.vintagejapanguitars.com....995-catalogue/

Comment

That’s it exactly! That is so cool. Thank you so very much, it’s brilliant to know exactly what she is ?

Comment

thats before fender bought them, right? headstock looks kinda like the jourrneyman. i guess if it was after like the usa and even import charvels had the strat fender headstock, well the reissue San dimas had a pointy. they all felt like a fender though.
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Micksull View Post
                That’s it exactly! That is so cool. Thank you so very much, it’s brilliant to know exactly what she is ?
                You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                  thats before fender bought them, right? headstock looks kinda like the jourrneyman. i guess if it was after like the usa and even import charvels had the strat fender headstock, well the reissue San dimas had a pointy. they all felt like a fender though.
                  Yes, this is from 1995 when USA Charvels started being made again for a couple years. Fender bought in 2002 and then the Journeyman and Model A and all those with similar headstocks came about (but they were all Japanese). Then the pointy headstock USA line came around, and then finally the regular Strat headstock came back.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

Yes, this is from 1995 when USA Charvels started being made again for a couple years. Fender bought in 2002 and then the Journeyman and Model A and all those with similar headstocks came about (but they were all Japanese). Then the pointy headstock USA line came around, and then finally the regular Strat headstock came back.
                    I knew the journeyman was MIJ. i guess i missed these usa models in all my trading ( well got the usa fender stuff) lol thanks joey
                    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

No problem, Johnny!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X