Left handed Jackson/ Charvel Fusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razor View Post

I'll be interested in seeing which way you go on this.
    It's a tough call and I change my mind daily as there are pros and cons to each. Replacing the fretboard almost seems like less work. I removed one from a broken neck once with decent results so I have a basic idea of how to do it. I have a Kramer neck with the headstock broke off I am going to remove the fretboard from and attach the neck to a body I am going to refinish. If that goes well it may finalize which way I go.

Comment

I keep getting hung up on the compound radius fretboard even though my LTD EC401 has a 350mm (13.78") radius fretboard and it feels just fine. It may be because I don't play a lot of lead so most of my playing is in the 12" to 14" portion of Jackson necks. For this reason, I may be just as well off to go the straight 14" route.

Comment

Originally posted by Dak View Post
        I keep getting hung up on the compound radius fretboard even though my LTD EC401 has a 350mm (13.78") radius fretboard and it feels just fine. It may be because I don't play a lot of lead so most of my playing is in the 12" to 14" portion of Jackson necks. For this reason, I may be just as well off to go the straight 14" route.
        I don't play lead either, but I'm so used to compound radius fretboards that I don't even notice.

Comment

It don't get much better than this

Shameful high jacking of your thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220715_060259[1].jpg
Views:	72
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	2549314

Name:	20220715_060246[1].jpg
Views:	67
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	2549315

Name:	20220715_060231[1].jpg
Views:	61
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	2549316
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
            It don't get much better than this

Shameful high jacking of your thread

Since it appears to be a Fusion. I'll allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dak View Post

Since it appears to be a Fusion. I'll allow it.
              1990 Fusion PRO
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

So updating this thread to say I've basically did nothing. I did get a fretboard off Ebay that has a 10" to 16" compound radius. Of course being a blank fretboard it would have to be cut to the proper width. I am about to fizzle out before I start as it's just a lot of work that I don't have the time to devote right now. That said I think I was premature on saying a 7/8s Warmoth neck won't work. They build them off of 25.5" scale blanks which is essentially what I was going to do. I have about decided that making two 1/32" shims to fill the 1/16" difference in the neck pocket and painting a headstock is a lot less work that all this other stuff I've talked about in this thread. I am almost to the point of just getting a 7/8's style neck from Warmoth with their wizard profile and 12" to 16" radius with either their reverse arcade shape or a std. strat headstock, and call it done.

Comment

Working...
                X