Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help identifying these Jackson’s please !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying these Jackson’s please !

Hey all, these two Jackson’s are at my local shop and wanted to know what they are. I was told the red was a dinky 2 of some sort, indo made. I played it and really liked it, as I’ve been looking for something to play more lead/solo playing. The dark brown I wasn’t able to play but it caught my eye before I left and was curious about what mode that was as welll. It’s Japan made and has standard written on the stock and haven’t found info on it.

thanks everyone !
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.

Top is a Fusion HH, bottom is Soloist SLX

Comment

Originally posted by Crumbling View Post
      Top is a Fusion HH, bottom is Soloist SLX
      Thanks !!

The Fusion HH was priced at 800$ and the Soloist at 500$. Those decent prices ?

Comment

No. MIJ Dinky used to be <300 easily with a hardcase, and the Indonesian Soloist regular sells for 550-ish new.

Comment

Originally posted by Crumbling View Post
          No. MIJ Dinky used to be <300 easily with a hardcase, and the Indonesian Soloist regular sells for 550-ish new.

lol wtf. The MIJ use to be under 300 and he’s selling it for just under 800?

.... glad I found this forum. The place seemed decent as the pedals I’m pretty knowledgeable about were selling cheaper than what you could get practically anywhere....but I’m not to knowledgeable about Jackson’s... glad I came here !

Comment

1. store prices are always higher
            2. i think the keyword in the previous statement is WERE.
            Not too long ago, used gear hit very low prices. I mean, it is hard to sell used gear at a decent price when you have online sellers (different than online retailers) selling new gear for $50 over cost.
            Then, let's say about 18 months ago, things changed. Prices have skyrocketed. So has demand.

Besides - we don't know your location. Is this US dollar, bitcoin, franc, lira -etc.
            And, as I have said multiple times - If you want X and there is only 2 X available for sale, you really have no choice but to pay the price they want.

Comment

$800 is def way too high for the fusion. but $300 is also too low. $300 was pretty common for stuff like the mij dkmg or something, but I would expect a fusion to fetch a bit more, even "back in the day," as they were a bit rarer.

of course, you're always going to be able to find instances of good gear going for absurdly low prices, if you look and are patient. they just don't last long.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                1. store prices are always higher
                2. i think the keyword in the previous statement is WERE.
                Not too long ago, used gear hit very low prices. I mean, it is hard to sell used gear at a decent price when you have online sellers (different than online retailers) selling new gear for $50 over cost.
                Then, let's say about 18 months ago, things changed. Prices have skyrocketed. So has demand.

Besides - we don't know your location. Is this US dollar, bitcoin, franc, lira -etc.
                And, as I have said multiple times - If you want X and there is only 2 X available for sale, you really have no choice but to pay the price they want.
                I mean I’m not sure where the implication that I was set to having/wanting only those guitars, I don’t and was just branching and enjoyed the Jackson I picked up at a local shop, figured if the prices were reasonable I’d pick it up.

I’m in the US, so US dollar.

I mean would price of a 300$ guitar really inflate to 800$? Doesn’t seem very plausible to me unless it was a particularly rare piece. This hasn’t happened to the brands I’m familiar with as well.

I appreciate the help though.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew2474 View Post
                  I mean I’m not sure where the implication that I was set to having/wanting only those guitars,
                  I didn't say you did. But I remember we've had a guy looking at a model guitar and thought it was too expensive. Sure, it is. But when you look at the major online places (ebay reverb etc) and there were only 3 currently for sale on the entire globe - you either pay the price or you don't get the guitar. It's not like a Fender Stratocaster which has been around for 70 years and can be had at any thrift shop. There's 3 for sale.
                  So, it really isn't up to us to say something was too expensive.

Originally posted by Matthew2474 View Post
                  I mean would price of a 300$ guitar really inflate to 800$?
                  Yes, it is very possible. First, yes, I have paid $200 for gear that has been sold for $1100 - all because people didn't work, didn't have to pay rent, didn't have to pay student loans, they got 100% of their pay on unemployment plus $600 each week (which is more then many people to begin with). New gear manufacturers were shut down. Stores were shut down. People weren't allowed out of their house. And hobbies were needed.
                  So, yes, money was flowing.

But, also, someone else mentioned why the <$300 price was not accurate. So don't get too fixated on the first to respond.
                  And as I said - stores always are higher priced than a person-to-person sale.

Comment

I mentioned the <$300 price was specifically for Dinky, since he asked about both it and the Soloist so he doesn't seem to care too much about the Fusion being a short scale, just that they're superstrats. If he was looking for a Fusion specifically it'd be a different answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X