Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asymmetrical hot rod flames on 1991 Jackson one-off Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asymmetrical hot rod flames on 1991 Jackson one-off Charvel?

I am sure some of you have seen this but I haven't been able to find the thread:

This Charvel logo'd Jackson guitar is being sold on reverb.

It has a gigantic logo, which is not like the forum special buy guitars that I've seen, but it has asymmetrical flames, which those do. It is not chavel backplated, but jackson backplated, and it does not have the Fender licensed script. It has some registration stuff partially filled out but it claims to be from 1991.

It looks totally bad-ass! But is it legit? A one-off build by Jackson? Somebody's frankenstein?

Here's a pic:

Click image for larger version  Name:	rlh19jzsqsihp1jgrpdm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.3 KB ID:	2541170

Click image for larger version

Name:	pybkikvszvg2hpd7sruw.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	2541171

Comment

I found a little more info from wrecking crew guitars, which had this very guitar listed on their store. From their website it says:

Jackson USA Custom Super Strat in Carvel San Dimas style with a custom double-sided Flame graphic made in 1991. A very limited number of USA Charvel guitars were made during this time when Charvel was being used as an import line for Jackson, and only a handful of people around the world got the pure USA models from the custom shop. This guitar features a Fender Strat headstock which was prior to Fender owning Jackson and Charvel. This is exceptionally rare, and collectors will note that it wasn't until 1995 that Jackson brought back the USA Charvel San Dimas and had to modify the headstock shape so as not to infringe on the Fender design. This is an example of one of the only pure USA Charvel San Dimas made by USA Jackson and only available to be exported internationally due to Fender’s headstock and logo copyrights within the U.S.

This guitar features an ash body with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. The guitar is equipped with a single Dimarzio Gravity Storm humbucker controlled by a single master volume knob. The guitar features the rare gold Floyd Rose that is branded with the Jackson, Floyd Rose, and Schaller names all on the same bridge and is stamped as being made in Germany. The graphic which is the Jackson “Hot Rod Flames” is double-sided which I have not been able to find another example of a Jackson with the same double-sided graphic. The graphic was done throughout the entire body of the guitar which you can see inside the pickup and control cavities. The Charvel neck features 22 jumbo frets with a slim D shape profile and has a Fender style headstock.

I have reached out to the previous owner as to the history of this guitar and have found that the guitar was originally purchased by a U.S soldier stationed in Germany. The guitar work order #7585 has been confirmed as a custom order originally entered into the Jackson database. This guitar is in fantastic condition with very little to no wear. It comes with the original Jackson hardshell case and original Jackson owner’s manual/warranty card.

Specifications:
      • Make: Jackson
      • Model: Strat Hot Rod
      • Year: 1991
      • Finish: Custom Double-Sided Flame
      • Country of Origin: USA
      • Serial #7502
      • Work Order #7585
      • Condition: Excellent
      • Weight: 7lbs 9oz
      • Body Type: Solid
      • Body Wood: Ash
      • Scale Length: 25.5”
      • Neck Joint: Bolt On
      • Neck Wood: Maple
      • Fingerboard: Rosewood
      • Neck Profile: Slim D
      • Inlays: Mother of Pearl Dots
      • Nut: Locking
      • Nut Width: 1.6875”
      • Frets: 22 Super Jumbo
      • Pickups: Dimarzio Gravity Storm
      • Controls: Master Volume
      • Hardware: Gold
      • Tuning Machines: Jackson Branded Gotoh
      • Bridge: German Jackson Schaller Floyd Rose
      • Knobs: Dome Knob
      • String Gauge: 10-46
      • Case: Hardshell Case

Comment

Interesting guitar.... you have a close up pic of the neck plate?

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
          Interesting guitar.... you have a close up pic of the neck plate?
          It is an airport dr ontario ca neck plate. the number is 7502.

Comment

for some reason I always appreciated the charvel with the jackson neckplate or charvel with the jackson headstock logo. it intimates a certain amorphousness between the brands. cool guitar! but I have no idea as to its provenance.

Comment

Working...
            X