Jackson PC1 Replacement Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson PC1 Replacement Parts

Hi, I am looking for a replacent PCB for my Jackson PC1 as the Sustainer / Feedback circuit is not working and I have been told that the PCB needs replacing. I have contacted Jackson and I was told they do not sell replacment parts for the PC1 which I find hard to believe !!

If anyone can help guide me to where I might be able to purchae one?

Many thanks

Paulm6090

this thread has some useful info https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...pc-1-sustainer
    unfortunately no solution to how to reliably acquire a replacement board.

I wonder if they would sell the replacement parts to an authorized repair shop if you brought it in?

Comment

Thanks for your reply metalhobo, good idea, I will contact a Jackson dealer and see if they can help with having direct access to the factory. The guitar is far too good not to have it working at its best.

Comment

You can't buy any parts from Jackson. They refuse to sell them even for repairs of existing guitars.
        If it's out of warranty, your best bet is to look on eBay or Reverb for a second hand unit. And that pretty much never happens.
        I've only found 3 sustainer boards for sale in the last 15 years.

If you're patient, the company that manufactures them for Jackson (Duryee Knotts LLC), working on a consumer version you can install yourself.

They will be sold under the Hard Driver brand name.
        A peek at the new units can bee seen here. Still no ETA on when they will come to market. I talk with their rep at least once every few weeks for production updates.

http://hdsustainer.com/
        Last edited by rjohnstone; 09-08-2020, 06:05 PM.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Paulm6090 View Post
          Hi, I am looking for a replacent PCB for my Jackson PC1 as the Sustainer / Feedback circuit is not working and I have been told that the PCB needs replacing. I have contacted Jackson and I was told they do not sell replacment parts for the PC1 which I find hard to believe !!

If anyone can help guide me to where I might be able to purchae one?

Many thanks

Paulm6090
          Who told you it needed replacing?
          I work on these a lot.
          90% of the time it's just the damn battery box leads snapping off.
          Then there are the "techs" who know nothing about them that try and "tweak" them and end up frying the the board.

Pull the battery box an verify the leads are still connected. It's typically the negative side that goes first.
          -Rick

Comment

Thanks Rick, I am being told that "either a transistor or possibly the voltage regultaor has blown and damaged the board" from the tech that is trying to repair it. Like you say, PCB's for the Jackson PC1 never come up, I have been scouring the net to try to find one !! Still dont underatand why Jackson will not sell one !!! - Regards Paul

Comment

Thanks Rick, I am being told that "either a transistor or possibly the voltage regultaor has blown and damaged the board" from the tech that is trying to repair it. Like you say, PCB's for the Jackson PC1 never come up, I have been scouring the net to try to find one !! Still dont underatand why Jackson will not sell one !!! - Regards Paul
              A blown voltage regulator is hard to find (unless you feel like buying 1,000 of them at once) and not easy to replace. And who knows what other damage was caused by the failure.
              You definitely need a new board.
              I feel your pain as well.
              My '05 has a dead board. I had spares that I've collected over time, but used all of them for friends who's boards died.
              I have one left that is already going into one of my other guitars that is currently being built.
              -Rick

Comment

Totally agree with you on that Rick, if you have a spare, you will need it one day !! Received a reply from Hard Drive last night saying they hope to be able to offer their Sustainer system soon, so I have put my name down for one of their systems when they are released. I don't mind waiting, so long as I get my PC1 back in good working order I will let you know how I get on with Hard Drive.

Many thanks for your help and advice, take care

Paul

Comment

Years ago I had issues with the Sustainiac system on a 2001 Jackson. I emailed someone at Maniac Music which is the Sustainiac company I guess. The guy that responded told me to remove the board from the guitar and send it to him. He fixed it and since it was a first generation board I just had to pay $25 for an upgrade. Got it back and it worked fine for a while. Issue came back so I just traded the guitar.

Comment

Thanks gerry, just had a look at Sustainiacs web page, these look like a great source to reolve my PC-1 issues. Appreciate your help, many thaks, Paul

Comment

Isnt the sustainiac a different system than the sustainer in the PC-1.

Comment

It is, but if I cannot replace or repair the original Jackson PCB, then I will look to replace it with either the Sustainiac system, or the new Hard Driver system, which hopefully will be coming out some time soon.

Comment

It is, but if I cannot replace or repair the original Jackson PCB, then I will look to replace it with either the Sustainiac system, or the new Hard Driver system, which hopefully will be coming out some time soon.
                          Sustainiac system won't fit out of the box. It will require additional routing to fit it.
                          Sustainiac systems are decent, but no match for the OEM system in the PC-1
                          -Rick

Comment

Thanks Rick, I have given up try to get one from Jackson, both the USA and UK dealers I have contacted claim they cannot supply them !!

Comment

Have you tried taking the guitar to an Authorized Jackson Repair Center? You won’t be eligible for warranty repair, but you can pay them to do repairs and they might actually be able to source the part.
                              Last edited by CaptNasty; 09-17-2020, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X