No announcement yet.

Where To Look For Good Used Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was unable to call the Music Store today.
    I will attempt tomorrow from work.

Local Pawn Shop has been closed for a few days.
    My next day off will be Tuesday so I will have the opportunity to call around the neighboring towns
    Pawn Shops.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post
      I was unable to call the Music Store today.
      I will attempt tomorrow from work.

Local Pawn Shop has been closed for a few days.
      My next day off will be Tuesday so I will have the opportunity to call around the neighboring towns
      Pawn Shops.
      NOTP's advice is excellent. I like old guns and trade around quite a bit. What strikes me funny a lot is that more often than not something will almost fall in my lap unexpectedly. You wouldn't believe the number of highly collectible guns I've bought that just happened to be where I was looking and sometimes when I'm looking for something else. Again I've had my best luck at pawn shops than retail stores. If you keep looking you definitely with receive more opportunities.

I have a friend who's been looking for another DXMG recently so I've been kind of watching them too. Looks like a nice one can be had for two to two hundred and fifty bucks. To me that's a steal for a MIJ Jackson but that's what I've noticed. I had a few DK2's back in the mid-2000's and I think all three that I had I paid near three hundred bucks for. One thing I try to do is catch one that has a hard case included. Hard cases are an additional expense and even a good used one fetches close to new pricing.

Comment

Thanks Razor

Comment

UPDATE

I THINK I may have found 1 of my 2 Unicorns.
          Made an offer, I should know something by tomorrow afternoon!!
          Fingers Crossed!!
          \m/

Comment

Good luck !

Comment

I digress. I did NOT make an offer. There was another person interested, and had it in their cart for a few days, never made an offer // bid. So I put it in my cart and paid for it.
              My thought was -- IF someone else paid for it but the seller did not remove it, then I would be notified as such.
              Well, seller contacted me and said he will be sending it in a couple days. It is a Jackson Eerie Dess Swirl.
              How do I post a pic that shows up without having people have to leave JCF to view??
              Last edited by JJ119; 09-04-2020, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Choose a free image host (https://www.google.ca/search?newwind...4dUDCAg&uact=5), upload your images there, and copy-paste the generated links back here to JCF.

Comment

I digress. I did NOT make an offer. There was another person interested, and had it in their cart for a few days, never made an offer // bid. So I put it in my cart and paid for it.
                  My thought was -- IF someone else paid for it but the seller did not remove it, then I would be notified as such.
                  Well, seller contacted me and said he will be sending it in a couple days. It is a Jackson Eerie Dess Swirl.
                  How do I post a pic that shows up without having people have to leave JCF to view??
                  I like www.imgur.com myself. When you upload your picture and then click on it to see it imgur will give you several link options. You'll want the "BBB Code" link.

Copy and paste the link in your post and your picture shows up like it's meant to be there.

What did you end up buying?

Comment

Eerie Dess. I think it might be a 2005, but when it comes in I'll check the JCF Thread to see if the SN is listed in the Import area. The ad says---
                    Jackson Eerie Dess 2005 est. Swirl Blue / Green

Comment

Imgur does not want to get along with my phone!
                      : - (

Comment

Where to find a Truss Rod Cover and screws?
                        Any help GREATLY APPRECIATED

Comment

I guess I will wait for the guitar to get here.
                          If I did my search correctly, I have to measure from a center corner srew hole to the center top screw hole to get the appropriate size.
                          I see also there is an opportunity to get a Custom Engraved Aluminum one. Funny thought --
                          get my Avatar engraved.

Comment

Where to find a Truss Rod Cover and screws?
                            Any help GREATLY APPRECIATED
                            Talk to Dave at www.fretsonthenet.com

Great guy to deal with and a forum member.

Comment

Thank You Razor
                              i will look it over right now!!

Comment

Well it came yesterday. Opened her up this evening.
                                Eerie Dess has got to be seen In Person. Pics do no justice!

I will take a stab at this and say the Chrome Trem is a JT580LP.

How The Funpack does the Intonation get set???
                                I'll look at the YouTube tomorrow. I had seen how to use The Key and Skyscraper things, but this Trem is not like those in the vids.

Seller sent it with 10 gauge strings on it.
                                The lock nut screws and caps need rehab // replaced. 2 screws are bugged at the last 3 threads. The caps have Rail Road tracks worn into them. Maybe some 600 grit wet sandpaper can get them out.
                                I'll take the 1 good screw to Ace Hardware and see if they have some.

The only Allen Wrench I have that is usable fits the
                                Lock Nut. What sizes do I need for the String Blocks and Intonation screws?

This guitar was taken care of, but also played a lot!!
                                Last edited by JJ119; 09-11-2020, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X