X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where To Look For Good Used Jackson?

Where are good reputable places to shop for
    good used Jacksons?
    I am always getting Reverb, Guitar Centr, and Sweet Water coming up.in my Search.
    I can not remember some of the places some of you have mentioned in other discussions.

Thank You For Your Guidance And Patience!!

Sorry if this is in the wrong area.

Mostly classified listings like Craigslist and Facebook, though deals do pop up sometimes on Reverb and eBay. Pawnshop if you're dedicated.

Comment

Considering how rare Jackson guitars are (example - less than 2000 Rhoads were made in San Dimas), there aren't enough of them in existence to make anywhere the 'go to' place for 2nd hand shopping.

You literally have to look at everywhere.
      And a place like Craigslist - if you are in some location with 100 musical instruments for sale, you can forget about finding a Jackson.

Comment

mr. priest used to be in the habit of posting local deals he found in the "e-fraid of ebay" forum here. not sure why he stopped.

there are a few sites you can use to trawl a bunch of local craigslist sites at once, but I forget their names.

Comment

It was a lot of work to comb through North American listings to find well-priced gems, but I admit I enjoyed it.

Someone advised me, suspecting that undeserving people were buying the deals I found/shared, and then reselling them. I saw proof of it happening once or twice, and that was enough for me to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
            It was a lot of work to comb through North American listings to find well-priced gems, but I admit I enjoyed it.

Someone advised me, suspecting that undeserving people were buying the deals I found/shared, and then reselling them. I saw proof of it happening once or twice, and that was enough for me to stop.
            ah, that sucks. maybe we need to lock down that subforum to members only, lol

Comment

Just as an experiment, I logged out, clicked on the E-fraid forum, and saw no topics. Looks like it already is inaccessible to the general public. But that wouldn't stop anyone from registering for an account, considering it costs nothing.

Instead, maybe a "paid members only" setting would have been effective.

Comment

Tomorrow Iam going to call the Jackson Dealer that is an hour + 1/2 drive and see if he's got a used
                reverse with sharkfins..
                I got a email from them today advertising a sale they are having storewide.

Comment

I bought my Chlorine Burst Pro Mod for $649.99 from American Musical as a "scratch and dent". Took me two days to find the one tiny pen tip dent in the finish. Two months later and I'm still totally digging that guitar. I picked up a Predator recently off eBay for what I consider current fair price of $595.00. Jackson's on eBay tend to run on the more economical side than the Charvel Model and Contemporary series. Once in a while you come across a deal on Reverb or eBay. I see some good deals on Facebook but most people on there do not want to ship. Just keep digging and looking is the only solid advice I can give you. Sometimes you'll find a good deal at a local pawn shop so they're worth hitting up too.

I've had a few Jackson's over the years but I prefer a Charvel myself.

I do miss NOTP's crazy deal of the day updates. I always missed on the good scores because I had quit playing for the most part. They were fun to check out though.
                  Last edited by Razor; 08-06-2020, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks Razor

I did get a good deal on a DK2 a few months ago through Reverb.
                    Missed a great deal on a Black Reverse just after I got the DK2. Hopefully I can call the Music Store and he can help.

Thank You Everyone.
                    Good tips and encouraging.

Comment

Razor's advice of "keep digging" is wise. Persistence is the key. Think of it as "treasure hunting". You're going to be spending a lot of time searching, and sometimes there will be zero tangible results and sometimes you will strike gold when you least expect it. Use as many resources/websites/shops as possible and keep actively watching all of them, depending on your level of dedication. If nothing else, you'll learn what "market prices" are for various items that interest you. For example, simply watching Fender prices over the past year or so has given me useful "pricing data" for what I would feel comfortable spending on a Mexican-made Strat versus an American Standard Strat versus an American Deluxe Strat.

Below is a list of common frustrations I have experienced. I don't let them dissuade me. I keep hunting.

1) There will sometimes be leads that go nowhere simply because the other party won't reply, won't meet up, or exhibit whatever non-compliant behaviour you find irrational. Transactions are a two-way street, and if the other participant doesn't want to "dance" with you, there isn't much you can do. I once found a local listing for a CAD$130 early-90s Warrior Professional Pro, and I tried repeatedly to contact the seller, only to never receive a reply. The thought that goes through my mind when this happens is, "Why does the person bother listing the item and then not respond to inquiries?"

2) There will be many instances where you think you're the first person to respond to an ad, but someone else was seemingly quicker than you. The better the deal is perceived to be, the faster someone will stake their claim. Some recent "slightly too slow on the draw" efforts on my part include a Fender Cyber Twin amplifier for CAD$199, and a 1999 Fender USA Strat Plus for CAD$599. I spotted both within a couple minutes of the website being updated and I immediately took action. Unfortunately, the replies I received said that the items were sold already. I had to admire whoever was quicker on the draw than I because I tend to hunt at all hours of the day and notice new listings quickly, so the winners must be checking even more frequently. I've been the winner and the loser so I know how it feels.

3) There will be dry spells where you find/buy nothing, and absolute monsoons of deals coming your way. From 2016 to 2017, my area had plenty of great used guitars and I was successful in many of my purchases, being quickest on the draw for many of them as I learned from chatting with the sellers that there were several other parties interested if I declined the transaction, so I know what it's like to be the winner and the loser based purely on speed of taking action. 2018 was a much slower year, and 2019 was quieter still. My last guitar purchase was summer 2019 and I haven't bought anything since because it's been so dry (or maybe my criteria for what constitutes a "deal" have tightened), and it makes me wonder if I should have bought EVERYTHING in 2016-17 if I knew that there would be NOTHING a few years later.

As a seller, you'll go through the inverse side of the above frustrations. There will be tire-kickers and time-wasters. Your listing might generate zero interest or massive interest for no explicable reason. The last point is interesting because I periodically tried to sell an item and never got any interest, so I removed the ad and resolved to try again several months later. After a cycle of zero-interest listings, the last ad I posted seemed to suddenly generate a flood of interest and a mini bidding war, resulting in a sale... finally!
                      Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 08-07-2020, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post
                        Tomorrow Iam going to call the Jackson Dealer that is an hour + 1/2 drive and see if he's got a used
                        reverse with sharkfins..
                        I got a email from them today advertising a sale they are having storewide.
                        I don't know if a dealer is a good place to go. Ok, sure, they may have inventory, and if they were a Jackson dealer to begin with, they probably know their used gear - so you won't be buying a "DK-2" that is really a DXMG or JS22.
                        But you will probably be paying $600 for an item that could be bought for $200 on the open market... or $300-400 at another store.

Comment

Thanks Number Of The Priest
                          I thought I had a good chance for an Eerie Dess because 2 had been listed for about a month.
                          Yup. I hemmed myself right out of either one by Procrastination.
                          ​​​​​
                          pianoguyy I never thought about the possibility of a Higher Markup on a Used one! Very good point, and Thanks!

i did see some listings in the thread
                          Number Of The Priest made, " e fraid of e bay "

I will say, you folks have Knowledge And History about Jackson // Charvel that maybe only
                          Mr Grover Jackson Himself would know!!

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post

I will say, you folks have Knowledge And History about Jackson // Charvel that maybe only
                            Mr Grover Jackson Himself would know!!

Grover told me to come here.

Comment

🤔

🤣

pianoguyy

Winner Of The Interwebz Today

Comment

Working...
                              X