Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metalhobo
    replied
    it'll take a year to remove the grooves in the string clamp with 600 grit sandpaper. if you're against replacing them with new ones, it would be best to start with a bastard cut file and work your way down the successive sandpaper grits until you get a nice polish, being careful to not have any burrs at the edges.

though, I would only replace/repair the clamps if you're having string breakage or tuning/slippage issues at the nut.

also... pics!
    Last edited by metalhobo; 09-12-2020, 01:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Razor
    replied
    I have "The Key" for adjusting the intonation on my Original Floyd Rose trems and it works well. Will not work on Schallers. I don't know if it will work on other Floyd styles.

https://www.stewmac.com/luthier-tool...s/the-key.html
    Last edited by Razor; 09-12-2020, 12:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pianoguyy
    replied
    but does it fit the block slot?

I used {i don't remember what tool} on {i don't remember what trems}. I got it to work on all of them. But if it wasn't designed to work on a specific model, it had issues.

*as example - I remember that the Edge Zero II had limited range. I could only move it point X. Had I used a different string gauge and needed to move the saddle farther, I would have been out of luck.
    Last edited by pianoguyy; 09-14-2020, 03:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CaptNasty
    replied
    Originally posted by JJ119 View Post
    Well it came yesterday. Opened her up this evening.
    Eerie Dess has got to be seen In Person. Pics do no justice!

I will take a stab at this and say the Chrome Trem is a JT580LP.

How The Funpack does the Intonation get set???
    I'll look at the YouTube tomorrow. I had seen how to use The Key and Skyscraper things, but this Trem is not like those in the vids.

Seller sent it with 10 gauge strings on it.
    The lock nut screws and caps need rehab // replaced. 2 screws are bugged at the last 3 threads. The caps have Rail Road tracks worn into them. Maybe some 600 grit wet sandpaper can get them out.
    I'll take the 1 good screw to Ace Hardware and see if they have some.

The only Allen Wrench I have that is usable fits the
    Lock Nut. What sizes do I need for the String Blocks and Intonation screws?

This guitar was taken care of, but also played a lot!!
    I have The Key, the Skyscraper tool, and this:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Red Bishop tool is the best of the three in my opinion.

The Key is a mess it gets at angles and shifts around. I preferred the old loosen, move, retune, test approach to The Key.

The Skyscraper is better, but it can still shift and pop out occasion and is a little awkward to adjust. A vast improvement over The Key though.

The Red Bishop tool is solid IME. It grips the saddle and I have had no problems with it shifting or coming loose during intonation.

The Skyscraper and the Red Bishop should be able to work with the JT580LP since they anchor against the whale tail and the saddle. The Key uses the string retainer bolt and the whale tail as the anchors and that would not work on the JT580LP. The Red Bishop would work better on a JT580LP because the angle of the whale tail grip is adjustable.

Red Bishop also has three models. They make a version for Floyds without fine tuners that I got for my Charvel GG: https://redbishop.jp/EN_ACCU-LOCATOR_series.html

The Floyd Rose Pro requires a 2mm, 2.5mm, and 3mm wrench. Not sure if the JT580LP uses the same wrench sizes.

If you start thinking of a swap, a Floyd Rose Pro should be a drop in replacement. It will ride a little offset, but the clearance is there and it will work: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Trem...ct.htm#jt580lp
    Last edited by CaptNasty; 09-12-2020, 08:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JJ119
    replied
    pianoguyy
    Thanks for that Speedy Quick reply!
    I'll give it a try.

I think I will do a detailed cleaning like alessandroarzilli did on his.

Thanks Again!!
    Last edited by JJ119; 09-11-2020, 10:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pianoguyy
    replied
    to my knowledge, there are no tools designed to work on these
    you need to do it the old fashioned way - unstring, adjust, tune, unstring, adjust, tune. repeat as needed. (completely worth the $100 to have someone else do it)

you can try some of the tools, just because they aren't designed to work... they may work.

Leave a comment:

• JJ119
    replied
    Well it came yesterday. Opened her up this evening.
    Eerie Dess has got to be seen In Person. Pics do no justice!

I will take a stab at this and say the Chrome Trem is a JT580LP.

How The Funpack does the Intonation get set???
    I'll look at the YouTube tomorrow. I had seen how to use The Key and Skyscraper things, but this Trem is not like those in the vids.

Seller sent it with 10 gauge strings on it.
    The lock nut screws and caps need rehab // replaced. 2 screws are bugged at the last 3 threads. The caps have Rail Road tracks worn into them. Maybe some 600 grit wet sandpaper can get them out.
    I'll take the 1 good screw to Ace Hardware and see if they have some.

The only Allen Wrench I have that is usable fits the
    Lock Nut. What sizes do I need for the String Blocks and Intonation screws?

This guitar was taken care of, but also played a lot!!
    Last edited by JJ119; 09-11-2020, 09:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JJ119
    replied
    Thank You Razor
    i will look it over right now!!

Leave a comment:

• Razor
    replied
    Where to find a Truss Rod Cover and screws?
    Any help GREATLY APPRECIATED
    Talk to Dave at www.fretsonthenet.com

Great guy to deal with and a forum member.

Leave a comment:

• JJ119
    replied
    I guess I will wait for the guitar to get here.
    If I did my search correctly, I have to measure from a center corner srew hole to the center top screw hole to get the appropriate size.
    I see also there is an opportunity to get a Custom Engraved Aluminum one. Funny thought --
    get my Avatar engraved.

Leave a comment:

• JJ119
    replied
    Where to find a Truss Rod Cover and screws?
    Any help GREATLY APPRECIATED

Leave a comment:

• JJ119
    replied
    Imgur does not want to get along with my phone!
    : - (

Leave a comment:

• JJ119
    replied
    Eerie Dess. I think it might be a 2005, but when it comes in I'll check the JCF Thread to see if the SN is listed in the Import area. The ad says---
    Jackson Eerie Dess 2005 est. Swirl Blue / Green

Leave a comment:

• Razor
    replied
    I digress. I did NOT make an offer. There was another person interested, and had it in their cart for a few days, never made an offer // bid. So I put it in my cart and paid for it.
    My thought was -- IF someone else paid for it but the seller did not remove it, then I would be notified as such.
    Well, seller contacted me and said he will be sending it in a couple days. It is a Jackson Eerie Dess Swirl.
    How do I post a pic that shows up without having people have to leave JCF to view??
    I like www.imgur.com myself. When you upload your picture and then click on it to see it imgur will give you several link options. You'll want the "BBB Code" link.

Copy and paste the link in your post and your picture shows up like it's meant to be there.

What did you end up buying?

Leave a comment:

• Number Of The Priest
    replied
    Choose a free image host (https://www.google.ca/search?newwind...4dUDCAg&uact=5), upload your images there, and copy-paste the generated links back here to JCF.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X