Jackson Fusion USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Fusion USA

Checking Out a Jackson Fusion USA. Have not found any good specs on the instrument: body wood, fretboard radius, etc. is anyone familiar with the USA Fusion?

Also, what should I target as the purchase price?

I'm intrigued. I never heard of them so I searched them. It looks like an SL1 with a bolt on neck. I wonder why its so hard to find specs on them?

Comment

Originally posted by Temple of Doom View Post
      I'm intrigued. I never heard of them so I searched them. It looks like an SL1 with a bolt on neck. I wonder why its so hard to find specs on them?
      They also have a 24.75” scale. I am very intrigued by this instrument. A 24 fret Dinky in 24.75” scale? I am going to pick it up.

The USA version was only produced for one year: 1990, then there were a couple produced in the USA in 1991 for the Japanese catalog. The one I am looking at is supposedly one of the catalog guitars.
      Last edited by CaptNasty; 06-28-2020, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Also they had the JE1500 mid sweep thingy. Basically they were the same guitar as the Japanese Fusion Pro model. Ive seen prices go around 1k mark maybe a bit more and the price offcourse depends on condition.

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query...only_sold=true

Comment

Hey Ed thanks for the reply. I had looked at the Reverb Sold listings. Gives a rough idea, but you don’t know if a lower offer was accepted.

This Fusion has the lightning sky graphic... not a rare graphic for the Fusion. It will probably come home with me today.

Considering doing a rewire to abandon the JE 1500. Go to passive pickups and use the JE1500 switch for a coil split. Of course would keep original pickups and JE 1500 for restoration to factory spec.
          Last edited by CaptNasty; 06-29-2020, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post
            Go to passive pickups and use the JE1500 switch for a coil split.
            Well, the Jackson pickups are already passive since Jackson never made active pickups. I'd just remove the JE1500 and see how the pickups sound before you swap for something else. Good luck with your purchase!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X