Custom shop order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom shop order

Are they now taking any master build orders?

I've been trying to order one for about 2 years now and I had no luck.

The custom shop is closed down due to Corona Virus. Scheduled to open up again in July.

My Jackson rep says the custom shop schedule is going to be fucked for the foreseeable future.

I do not think master built orders will be taken any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post
      The custom shop is closed down due to Corona Virus. Scheduled to open up again in July.

My Jackson rep says the custom shop schedule is going to be fucked for the foreseeable future.

I do not think master built orders will be taken any time soon.
      That's crazy. Kiesel never shut down. They're still making stuff. Who did you order yours through?

Comment

Replay Guitar in Tampa. He’s not one of the big Jackson Custom Shop dealers, but he has a very long relationship with Jackson (He ran Thoroughbred Music in Tampa, the biggest Jackson retailer in the 80s).

I have two orders in now. One is due in June, but got bumped to late July due to the Corona virus shutdown, but it is built and ready to go to shipping once the shop reopens. The other is due in October. The October order has not been released to manufacturing yet so I am pretty sure that date will shift.

Comment

When did the CS shut down? Reason I ask is I got a quote from the Music Zoo back in early April and they said the CS was still open.

Comment

Originally posted by Temple of Doom View Post
            When did the CS shut down? Reason I ask is I got a quote from the Music Zoo back in early April and they said the CS was still open.
            I think it was in April. Sales has largely been functioning. Shipping is open again. Manufacturing is still shutdown.

Comment

Looks like the custom shop is bakc in operation. Was notified yesterday that they released my order to shipping.

Comment

Duplicate

Comment

I called few dealers and they said the shop wouldn't take ANY orders at the present time, including Custom Selects. I wanted to submit master build order which I've been asking for almost two years now...

Comment

Not surprised.

My custom shop order arrived today at my dealer... with a warped neck. It is headed back to Corona, CA now.

Comment

Not surprised.

My custom shop order arrived today at my dealer... with a warped neck. It is headed back to Corona, CA now.
                      Sorry to hear that. Was it a throughneck or a bolt on? That is a pretty bad QC issue if a warped neck guitar leaves the factory. I mean i highly doubt it warped on shipping.

Comment

Not surprised.

that majorly sucks. was this the one that was finished before the virus hit but couldn't be shipped out until now?

Comment

Sorry that happened!
                          Makes me wonder if the Climate Control was shut down while they were non operational??
                          May be a few sent back.

Hopefully you will not have the same problem again.
                          Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post

Sorry to hear that. Was it a throughneck or a bolt on? That is a pretty bad QC issue if a warped neck guitar leaves the factory. I mean i highly doubt it warped on shipping.
                            It is a bolt on (Dinky).

It did ship to Florida and we have not had rain in 17 days. It is hotter than hell right now. But it was overnighted so itnis not like it was exposed to heat for 5-7 days.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

that majorly sucks. was this the one that was finished before the virus hit but couldn't be shipped out until now?
                              Yeah sucks to have the dealer ship you pics and tell you “this one has to go back, I won’t let you touch it in this condition”.

This is the guitar that I mentioned that was finished right before the shutdown.

I will upload some pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X