Mystery Jackson... help identify?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Jackson... help identify?

This was used as a sledgehammer or something and pretty stoved up; I'm trying to resurrect it. It has always been something of a mystery as to exactly what it is.
    Any Jackson experts or historians care to chime in? I found all the parts I need except for the neck screws and neck plate.
    Any leads on those parts would be appreciated as well.
    ​​​​​​​
    ​
    ​
    "MADE IN CANADA"
    ​
    ​
    "OCT 5 1988"
    ​

Canada... that's where the Ontario factory was.

Comment

Made in Canada... I'd be tempted to guess that's a Lado guitar. Some of them did have Jackson-style headstocks, such as the examples below. However, I know too little about the brand to draw any conclusions.

Comment

Made in Canada... I'd be tempted to guess that's a Lado guitar.
        Interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
          Canada... that's where the Ontario factory was.
          you don't say?

Comment

Originally posted by clarkleach View Post

you don't say?
            He's joking. Ontario, California is where Jackson/Charvel was, not Canada.

Show a pic of the back of the body. Sure doesn't look like a J/C body from the front, especially with the pickups slanted the way they are.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Show a pic of the back of the body. Sure doesn't look like a J/C body from the front, especially with the pickups slanted the way they are.
              This is after it was repainted and I installed new electronics. It originally had a pie pan shield stapled in.

This was under the original paint:

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                Made in Canada... I'd be tempted to guess that's a Lado guitar.
                I contacted Lado, showed them some pics. Nope.

Comment

shape and control cavity says that's not a j/c body

Comment

tiny dots on the neck, rounded fretboard edge...not lado, not jc...not a clue but those little dots are probably the key to figuring it out...d.m.
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I apologize the Lado guess didn't pan out. Maybe try posting on https://guitarscanada.com/index.php.

Despite being Canadian myself, my knowledge of our guitar manufacturing industry is admittedly scant. I'm sure there are more than just the usual suspects off the top of my head (Godin portfolio of brands, Larrivée, and Lado), but I honestly I'm drawing a blank. Out of those, Lado was the closest match with a similar headstock.

Comment

It looks like a Peavey Tracer body to me. Same slanted pickups and Kahler Sypder trem.

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart View Post
                          tiny dots on the neck, rounded fretboard edge...not lado, not jc...not a clue but those little dots are probably the key to figuring it out...d.m.
                          It just occurred to me that this thing reeks of Peavey Tracer. Maybe the neck isn't original - dunno. But the body, cavity, controls, and that pie pan shield all say "Peavey".

Comment

Originally posted by FreezingPoint View Post
                            It looks like a Peavey Tracer body to me. Same slanted pickups and Kahler Sypder trem.

Dude... I just came to the same conclusion... not sure about the neck...

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              He's joking. Ontario, California is where Jackson/Charvel was, not Canada.
                              Ontario, CA
                              Common misconception.

Comment

Working...
                              X