Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone still make a Replacement Charvel Model series body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone still make a Replacement Charvel Model series body?

Hi there, I remember a member here used to make replacement bodies, I'm trying to find a vendor who will make a body that'll fit my 80's charvel model series neck. I think there was a company (three letters K something) but I can't seem to find it in search. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Warmoth can prolly get there, USA, Musickraft..

Comment

You're probably thinking of KnE Guitars. They sell replacement bodies and necks. I haven't used them but have seen others post about them. I've used GMW Guitarworks for projects. I sent a model 4 neck to them last year and Lee built an explorer body using the Jackson explorer template from the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by DeanIversenGreen View Post
        Warmoth can prolly get there, USA, Musickraft..
        the warmoth neck pocket is too small to fit a model series neck. except for early pre-pro, j/c necks are wider at the heel than fender necks.

Comment

Musickraft no longer builds custom bodies Custom Order Body

Due to recent events and after serious consideration regarding our business model, we have made the decision to no longer offer custom made bodies. A more detailed explanation of this business model change will follow in the next newsletter. Thanks for your patience.
          Jim Jamerson

I'll check with KnE, I already have something else I want built from GMW so I'll check them out as well

thanks for the info

Comment

There are a couple old Charvel bodies on Ebay right now. That might be your best bet. If you want a Dinky body there are always Jackson bodies on there but they are usually for 24 fret necks so if yours is a 22 that may be out. If you have a 22 fret neck and don't want a Dinky style then a current production Charvel body will work as they use the same size neck pocket as a Jackson or model series Charvel.

Comment

Originally posted by Dak View Post
              There are a couple old Charvel bodies on Ebay right now. That might be your best bet. If you want a Dinky body there are always Jackson bodies on there but they are usually for 24 fret necks so if yours is a 22 that may be out. If you have a 22 fret neck and don't want a Dinky style then a current production Charvel body will work as they use the same size neck pocket as a Jackson or model series Charvel.
              Nah, I'm not changing it with another strat body, I'm looking at KNE for their death kelly, round horn or explorer.

Comment

Working...
              X