Confessions of a guitar whore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confessions of a guitar whore...

I have stopped collecting currently due to being out of work and in a bind but had to come and confess my sins or in this case guitars. I will get updated pictures when I am able but for now I will just have to get down to the basics... Over the past few years my former job entitled me to obtain several cool guitars. They are not rare but cool and all have their own voice. So here are some of the highlights.

Two 2008 BC Rich Retro Gunslingers one is neon yellow the other neon green. The yellow one is autographed by Kip Winger and both the Nelson brothers.
    3 Carvin guitars. A 1988 DC125T, an 88 DC400 and another natural finish 90's DC series.
    1991 Fender Heartfield Talon in electric blue (I really love this color)
    An original 1978 Gibson Les Paul Custom in black (lefty)
    2009 Charvel 2H San Dimas in pagan gold.
    2006 Charvel 2H San Dimas in candy tangerine
    1984 RS 540 Ibanez Roadstar II
    1983 RS Ibanez Roadstar II
    1988 JB Player Professional Series GTX-1 in pink.
    1992 Hamer Diablo in cherry sunburst (mint as mint gets)
    1988 Westone Spectrum III in turquoise blue
    1988 Washburn EC-29
    1998 Jackson PC-1 in chlorine
    1987 Charvel Model 3A
    2001 Charvel Model A Pro
    Custom strat in seafoam green which I have posted a tech thread about
    2009 Gary Moore Les Pail (lemonburst)
    2006 Fender Strat Deluxe 60th (nos never played)
    2014 BC Rich Pro-x Mockingbird
    2002 G&L Legacy (mint in black)
    1985 Ibanez AH10
    1986 Washburn A10
    1983 Kramer Focus 1000
    Destroyerman (in pink currently being built)

I am sure there are many more I am forgetting about but those are some of my favorites. I will snap pictures when I have time in the coming weeks as I have not seen some of the guitars in a while. I need to thin the heard. If anyone has an early 2000's molded tsa Charvel case for trade I would cough up a nice chainsaw case :-) Anyhow it is late and my brain has finally said enough lol. Good night folks!

sweet collection, I have a few, none very valuable, getting guitars stolen tends to encourage one to buy inexpensive then do inexpensive value packed mods, hale i have 3-4 squiers that would pass a blind fold test and then some, specially the one with the Evans pickups, one MIM that has Testarossa Lace pickups, fitted to a fire strat, a real one, offset screw hole and walnut plug.. yup
    once you find a body and neck that fits and its what you like then go from there.. sucks buying a new guitar with all the specs you like then get it home and it doesn't fit or its way too heavy..

ground up builds are best IMHO.. find platforms you like, I find the old early 90s Squier Bullets with the heel adjust necks are superior, as are the bodies, then the CXS are very nice as well.. the early 90's NC Squier offer a lot of value as well, 8 pt pick guards, full size vintage spec bodies... the bullet and the NC is a full size vintage spec, the CSX is a full size modern, 11 hole

to me those slightly chunky C shape necks are a HOOT! love em... with a re-fret and a good nut they are fantastic

the old Charvels have good necks as well, some are too thin for me but some are outta sight and are so fast.. so comfy.. but lets face it, out of luck down and out we'd play the lumpiest guitar on the planet if that all we could gt our hands on.. and we know it... :-)
    Last edited by DeanIversenGreen; 06-24-2020, 01:46 AM.

Comment

I never went out of my way to find any of my guitars but for some reason they found me. Pretty cool to score some gems but even cooler to pass one along and see the excitement of the new owner/caretaker. Anyone else agree?

Comment

Working...
      X