Documentation for an old USA Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documentation for an old USA Soloist

I’ve been looking for the tags of one of my SL2H for two days, don’t wish they had been lost….

Does anyone know if Jackson provides documentation or a sort of certificate of authenticity for old instruments??

It's a mid 2000’s, in perfect conditons, with original case.

Thanx in advance.

old?

yours isn't old.
    but, for the old ones, the exact opposite is true - they will tell you "we have no information for anything that happened before 2002".

Comment

Ahahahaha….!!! I’ve already experienced that answer from them!!!

I wrote to the customers service a couple of times in the past years.

One of the two times the discussion ended with that phrase.

The second time they suggested to subscribe to this forum (I already was) and ask.

Very professional.

Anyway...iI referred to that guitar as if it was old, but I know...it really isn’t.

Maybe because some other newer guitars are lying in the same rack.

Tried to search even today...nothing.

I give up, they’ve been lost.

It would be nice to have a sort of declaration of authenticity...I’m not goin’ to sell it, but just to “restore the package” at its full.

Comment

Jackson has re-issued a certificate of authenticity to me personally. The crux of it is that the instrument must have originally had a certificate of authenticity issued when it left the factory.

If a CoA was not issued at the time of manufacture you cannot get one now.

Jackson will want a pic of the serial # and pics of the instrument to verify the instrument and re-issue the CoA.

Comment

Great news!!

I'll try to contact them immediately.

Thank you!!

Comment

I think Jackson is still shut down due to Covid 19. Perhaps customer support is functioning, but the Custom Shop is closed. The Custom Shop issues CoAs, not Customer Support so you will probably end up waiting for the Custom Shop to re-open.

Comment

Wrote immediately and they too answered immediately.
              They suggested to get in touch with Fender Italy, here to me.
              Oh...anyway...mine is a "standard production" SL2H Mahogany, RootBeer Burst w/ chrome hardware...but not a Custom Select...
              Let's see how it will end...

Thanx for now.
              Last edited by Luca1973; 05-12-2020, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Selects can get CoAs too. All depends on if the CoA was requested on the order form.

Comment

Here is a Custom Select order I have underway right now:

Notice in the lower right it says “Case Candy” and “JCS Cert”. That causes them to issue a CoA. That option can be specified for both Selects and Custom Selects.

Comment

Update...good news!!

From Fender Italy my request was turned to the Support Service (Fender Europe, I suppose).
                    They asked me some photos and the serial, and then (in another mail), my address....whenever Jackson will open (yes Captain, they're closed due to Covid), the CoA should be printed again and shipped...

Comment

Originally posted by Luca1973 View Post
                      Update...good news!!

From Fender Italy my request was turned to the Support Service (Fender Europe, I suppose).
                      They asked me some photos and the serial, and then (in another mail), my address....whenever Jackson will open (yes Captain, they're closed due to Covid), the CoA should be printed again and shipped...

Good news. Very cool.

Comment

Working...
                      X