Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson like SLSMG with 3x3 head stock but with FR bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson like SLSMG with 3x3 head stock but with FR bridge?

Does anyone know if Jackson ever made a guitar like the SLSMG but with a Floyd Rose bridge? By like a SLSMG I mean soloist style body, the pointy 3x3 headstock, piranha tooth inlays, and EMGs. I swear I saw one once but can't figure out if my mind is playing tricks on me because I can't seem to find pictures of one.

slatxmg3-6 and related, but it is an archtop

Comment

Thanks, that looks like it. SLSMG is also an arch top.

Comment

Now that I know what I'm looking for, any idea on a what a used SLATXMG 3-6 in trans red should go for used?

Comment

Technically the SLATXMG3-6 and the SLSMG are different shapes. (I know they look alike, and you're not wrong for using the "SLSMG but with a Floyd" as a clue for finding the SLATXMG3-6.)

The SLAT is a Soloist Archtop, which has a flat back with a belly cut (like a standard SL Soloist body), and an arched top (no forearm cut needed like a normal SL Soloist body).

The SLS is a Superlight Soloist, which is is thin at the edges and thicker at the middle... the back and top are curved gently to be thicker in the middle, and there are no belly cuts or forearm cuts.

I don't think the SLS body style is thick enough to properly secure a Floyd-style double-locking trem. I looked at my SLSMG and observed that the center thickness doesn't even look sufficiently thick enough to support a Floyd. That is probably the reason why no SLS models (SLSMG, SLS3, SLS) come stock with a trem. The only one I could find with a trem was a Custom Shop model: https://picclick.com/Jackson-USA-Sup...151074562.html

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. I actually own (and love) a SLSMG which is why I'm interested in something similar with a FR. I knew the body thicknes would be way different but didn't consider the flat vs contoured back of body. Definitely something to think about.

Other guitar at the top of the list is a LTD H-1001QM.

Comment

I take back my generalization that SLS bodies are too thin to support a trem. Here is the SLSXMG. Probably the only SLS with a standard 6-in-line headstock too.

https://guitarinside.com/Jackson_Soloist_SLSXMG

Comment

Working...
              X