This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt's Music owner Matt Leff

Just got word one of our own lost his battle with cancer this morning. Matt was a huge part of the JCF for years. He was our main sponsor and worked with us on several special runs of guitars.

we will surely miss him RIP Matt
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

I’ve ordered several customs over the years from him and it was always a great experience. Plus, he was always a nice guy to talk with.

Sad news indeed.

Comment

Bought a Charvel Star from him and had a few phone coversations. Definitely one of the nicest guys. RIP, Matt.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I met Matt once at his shop many years ago while traveling. Super nice guy. Very generous with his time. The last time I contacted him was just a year or so ago when I got my Charvel relic’d custom. This is very sad news. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. RIP my friend.
        "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

A sad day. RIP.

Comment

Awful news. Matt was a heck of a nice guy to do business with and just to talk to. He will be missed. My condolences to his family and friends, especially Jay.

Comment

Really sad news. RIP Matt.

Comment

Purchased my SLATQH from Matt, great guy. he will definitely be missed. I stopped by his shop on a family trip but he was not there at the time. R. I. P. Matt

Comment

Sad to hear about Matt. Bought my first decent guitar from him, my Charvel wild card. Could have bought the same guitar from a shop the next town over from me but drove a little out of my way to buy from Matt because he was more into the type of music I wanted to play. Great guy, took the time to talk about players I admired, sealed the deal when he remembered Vito Bratta. Also talked me through the process of changing strings on a Floyd rose trem. RIP Matt, you lived a dream of earning a living playing and selling guitars and owned a top notch shop.

Comment

Just heard on FB, that sucks. I'm over in England so never visited the shop but exchanged a few Charvel-related messages with Matt over the years, he was a real enthusiast. A sad loss to our community, lovely guy - RIP.

Comment

I heard on Facebook as well. What a nice guy. Talked to him many times and ordered my custom Soloist form Matt. RIP bro!!

Comment

My condolences to his family
                        This forum owed a lot of activity to contributions by guys like him
                        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Just saw this on Facebook. I ordered my KV2 from him back in 2007. May he rest in peace.
                          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Saw this posted on Facebook. I talked to Matt a few times over the years about several of the limited runs he was organizing. I even helped him find a JCM800 head when he was looking for one. Was a great guy to deal with. Sorry to hear that he's gone. RIP, Matt.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on Matt everyone, it is much appreciated. He enjoyed this forum a lot and all your folks on here.
                              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                              X