San Dimas 1 or San Dimas 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas 1 or San Dimas 2?

Which is more comfortable to play? Which one sounds better for hard rock/metal? Have you played both and why did you decide one over the other?

I had a hardtail style 2, it was a really nice guitar but I didn't really bond with it. There was literally nothing I could criticise about it, but at the time I had that and a Squier Contemporary Active Strat and the Squier tended to get played more.

EDIT: regarding sound, I wasn't a huge fan of the JB/59 combo it came with, and I swapped them out for a pair of Irongear Metal Machines. It sounded massive with them in, plenty of body and sustain. I ended up swapping it for the GJ2 I've posted about on here

Comment

Aren't they pretty much the same guitar?
      Do you want to look like you have a strat or a tele, while having a "built for rock" tone and feel.

i have not played the 2 because, as noted above, strat or tele - when I need a telecaster, I need a telecaster, not a rock guitar. But I can get away with a strat shape for all music. Maybe not the hot pink (that looks orange) and fire engine red (that looks pink), but the shape is universal.

*without cracking open the cases, did i get those color comparisons correct? I don't remember which one looks like what but I remember in person they colors, while brilliant, just seem mislabeled.
      Last edited by pianoguyy; 11-29-2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
        Aren't they pretty much the same guitar?
        Do you want to look like you have a strat or a tele, while having a "built for rock" tone and feel.

i have not played the 2 because, as noted above, strat or tele - when I need a telecaster, I need a telecaster, not a rock guitar. But I can get away with a strat shape for all music. Maybe not the hot pink (that looks orange) and fire engine red (that looks pink), but the shape is universal.

*without cracking open the cases, did i get those color comparisons correct? I don't remember which one looks like what but I remember in person they colors, while brilliant, just seem mislabeled.
        I know what you mean about the colours, there are a couple where I've thought they must look different in the flesh because the descriptions were a bit off. Regarding your first statement though, yes you're right: the neck profiles, scale length, pickups and hardware is the same on each, only difference is the body shape.

Comment

You know what's fucked up....
          I have so many guitars that I can't remember what certain ones look like. And it has been 18 days since my post - I still haven't seen them to refresh my memory.

Comment

Working...
          X