Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for photos of a rare 80s custom shop kelly

Hi guys,

Some years ago there was a white 80s Kelly on eBay for sale that had 22 frets and it was white with superhero print graphics like pow and zap and boom etc.
    There were a lot of photos of it on this forum but I can't seem to find any.
    And also most of the photos that are uploaded using photobucket are all blurry for some reason.
    Last edited by AndreasRX7; 10-03-2019, 03:03 AM. Reason: jackson usa kelly 80s san dimas graphics

Here's a pic I have of that Kelly. I think this pic was taken by a member here (Brett aka Gilamonster ?) but I haven't seen him around in a long time. He had a great collection of guitars.

Comment

Cool graphics... Photobucket has turned from a free site to a pay site, so anyone who doesn't pay up loses the functionality of any links to pics, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by FireEagle View Post
        Cool graphics... Photobucket has turned from a free site to a pay site, so anyone who doesn't pay up loses the functionality of any links to pics, etc...
        bills always come due at some point.
        someone is always paying for the free stuff in one form or another. and when, in this case, advertising dollars, isn't enough, they need you to pay for it.

No different than all of this "free" stuff being offered by the some politicians. Eventually "the rich" won't be the only ones paying for it.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

bills always come due at some point.
          someone is always paying for the free stuff in one form or another. and when, in this case, advertising dollars, isn't enough, they need you to pay for it.

No different than all of this "free" stuff being offered by the some politicians. Eventually "the rich" won't be the only ones paying for it.
          That still is BS in my opinion. You can't change the rules in the middle of the game. They should have left existing photos free to display, and any new photos uploaded to the sight need to pay.

I bet they pissed off everyone and will lose not only people to pay but also advertising when the number of website hits shrinks to nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

That still is BS in my opinion. You can't change the rules in the middle of the game. They should have left existing photos free to display, and any new photos uploaded to the sight need to pay.

I bet they pissed off everyone and will lose not only people to pay but also advertising when the number of website hits shrinks to nothing.

I totally agree with this, this forum is almost useless without all the historic photos uploaded here. It's a shame really.
            Anyone have more pics of this guitar or know its story?

Comment

Originally posted by AndreasRX7 View Post
              Anyone have more pics of this guitar or know its story?
              Send an email to Brett who used to own this Kelly. I'm sure he has more pics and info. Here's a link to his website and current guitar collection.

http://www.gilaguitars.com/guitargallery/index.htm

Comment

Working...
              X