2019 ProMod Upgrades and questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 ProMod Upgrades and questions...

Just got my second new Charvel in 32 years. Bought my first in 1987. So, the first thing I did after playing it for a day is pull all the gold hardware and the pickups to exchange for black. I may go with the same pickups that came in it (without logo) but I’m open to suggestions on upgrades. It came with a 59 in the neck and a JB at the bridge. Pretty versatile setup with cool splits so I’d like to keep that the same. So, any suggestions on upgrades?

Sharp-looking guitar before--and after--the mods! Agreed that the stock PUPS are a good choice.
    Have a blast shredding that one!

Comment

Black hardware is a huge upgrade! Do the current ProMods still come with rolled fretboard edges on maple boards?

My San Dimas MIJ is basically the same, although with only one volume knob and no splitting. The stock JB/'59 are very good, although I'm a bigger fan of the JB when it's in a Les Paul honestly. I prefer the Distortion or Custom at the bridge for Superstrats, or if you go the Dimarzio route, the Evo2/Air Norton is an excellent combo!

If you get bored, you could always add a 32mm big brass block for a bit more beef without significant limitation of range, or more interesting to me for a harder edged tone is a 32mm titanium block as you can find online for $60 (please do NOT pay $440 for one from FU-Tone!!). These are not subtle mods, big difference in output and tone girth!
      Also either some noiseless Floyd springs or the rubber inserts if needed. My Floyd wouldn't shutup until I did!
      '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
      '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
      '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
      '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
      '90 Charvel 475 XL
      '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
      Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
      Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
      Marshall JVM410H

Comment

I’m a Floyd Rose dealer so I got a big brass block with the added L under the arm nut. Had to mill out the body a little to accommodate it but works well. Plugged it in last last night and it’s a screamer. Loving it
        haven't made a decision on the pups yet. SD dealer as well so I have some pretty good options. Just want to be able to keep the current splitting setup.

Comment

Very nice with gold or black!!

Comment

gold for me

Comment

Working...
            X