Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't there a complete database 4 every Jackson guitar model like Ibanez wikia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't there a complete database 4 every Jackson guitar model like Ibanez wikia?

Like my title says. Ibanez Wikia is pretty complete and u can find every guitar there. I wonder why we Jackson heads couldn't do the same? I mean someone ought to have that kind of ability. And leave it for everyone to update.

Previously covered here: https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...never-launched

Since then, https://guitarinside.com/ died. I've been unable to link that site for sharing specs for the Deal Alert posts I post in the E-fraid forum, and unfortunately that website wasn't around long enough for the internet to sufficiently capture enough archival snapshots of its pages, so I can't even rely on those.

Comment

because jackson players are cool and ibanez players are nerds

Comment

I know the guy that runs the Ibanez wikia. He is a bit OCD. Needing to make a new page for every model variety, instead of marking it something like
        A DKMG is a blah blah blah. Models without the tremolo are called DKMGT,
        Nah, can't be that simple. The guy has to have two separate pages.

The really sad part is - sometimes a model gets a new page because it was a different color.

Comment

lol.. I don't mean Jackson needs a verbatim to Ibanez, but you get my point is that with all these people who've been fans of Jackson since the 80s have a much better knowledge than I do to actually do it :P

But It makes sense if you have a similar guitar (DKMG and DKGMT ) just have either search go to the same page and have both on there.

I think if there was a Jackson page , just like any forum or group has a common thing they agree on. And just make it editable for everyone like wikipedia.

Number Of The Priest
          But yes thanks for the link of the previous discussion!

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
          I know the guy that runs the Ibanez wikia. He is a bit OCD. Needing to make a new page for every model variety, instead of marking it something like

The really sad part is - sometimes a model gets a new page because it was a different color.

Comment

I suspect it's partly because most jackson hardcore fans are interested in the USAs / customs and that's relatively easy to figure out.
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Pretty much Vintage Jacksons and Vintage Charvel USA guitars were "custom". Im talking Glendora/SD and Ontario guitars. making basically an unorrganized mess ofnames styles to comb through..

So Ibanez had a model number virtually for every guitar making a nice clean organized reference point. Whoever deos the Ibanez sites deserves some Kudos for the good work!

Comment

Yea, I agree on that one! Even though it was much easier naming schemes for him (them), it still seems it was a lot of work!
                I still think that even with mostly customs, u could still get a huge database on Jackson
                Like u could put RR3 and RR3 Pro and
                Jackson RR5.
                Then for the USA custom Soloists u could just have them all on one page or two etc.

Originally posted by JacksonPyro View Post
                Pretty much Vintage Jacksons and Vintage Charvel USA guitars were "custom". Im talking Glendora/SD and Ontario guitars. making basically an unorrganized mess ofnames styles to comb through..

So Ibanez had a model number virtually for every guitar making a nice clean organized reference point. Whoever deos the Ibanez sites deserves some Kudos for the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by DanzoStrife View Post
                  Like my title says. Ibanez Wikia is pretty complete and u can find every guitar there. I wonder why we Jackson heads couldn't do the same? I mean someone ought to have that kind of ability. And leave it for everyone to update.

Where's the law that says you can't start one?

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                    Previously covered here: https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...never-launched

Since then, https://guitarinside.com/ died. I've been unable to link that site for sharing specs for the Deal Alert posts I post in the E-fraid forum, and unfortunately that website wasn't around long enough for the internet to sufficiently capture enough archival snapshots of its pages, so I can't even rely on those.
                    Guitarinside is up and working for me atm, not sure if you're still having issues priest? I've used it a few times this week and it was good.

I almost want to screenshot the entire site page by page just incase Haha, it's the largest remaining import Jackson site I know of that isnt half decayed.

Comment

Sorry to bump this, but how in the world do I contribute to guitarinside? I thought it was like a wiki but I guess not? There's missing info I'd love to fill in as best as I could.
                      Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
                      My collection also there!

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

Actually that sounds pretty cool
                        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post

Actually that sounds pretty cool
                          until you realize that autist, when given authority, are authoritarian
                          Autism and control are not a good combination.
                          He doesn't even let you correct spelling errors. Everything is his way, period. Even when wrong, because as an autist, he can't be wrong, it is his way or no way.

Which is, as an editor, sort of against the very spirit of a wiki.
                          Which is why, as an editor, I spoke against his request for adoption.

Which is also why, as a reader, depending on what model you are looking for, is why you end up leaving the site and going back to google. Certain models have you pulling your hair out trying to find what you are looking for.

Comment

Working...
                          X