Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found my stolen Jackson.... on here. Advice ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found my stolen Jackson.... on here. Advice ?

After 27 years and continuing the search long after I gave up hope , I found my Jackson online and it brought me to this sight where I’ve already been a member for the last year. I’ve got the original sales receipt, photographs and the case number from when I reported it stolen.
    Ive respectfully messaged the member who has it twice since yesterday. And although I see that he has been online twice , I have not received a response from him. He has been a member here for quite a while . For all I know he will want to cooperate and somehow isn’t seeing my messages , so I do not want to put his name out there or pressure the situation unnecessarily.
    Is it easy to overlook our incoming pm’s here ?
    How long is appropriate to wait for a response from him before stepping up my efforts and getting others involved ? I can’t believe I found my guitar finally , I saved for a year and bought it brand new when I was 17 ( 1987 ). I screamed like I was giving birth to fucking water buffalo when I laid eyes on it.
    Any advice or even sharing a similar experience would mean a lot to me .
    Btw , the member that has it is not the person who stole it. I know who did steal it and when I finally found him , it was too late because he had passed away years prior .

Thanks Tons !
    Last edited by guitarodactyl; 06-24-2019, 05:40 AM.

Wow Amazing! and very touchy at the same time! If I was you I would want it back. The person that has it most likely paid for it fair and square. I do not imagine that person will just want to give it to you. After 27 years the law may not be able(or want) to help. I know you do not want to but You may have to ask this person if you could buy it for what they have invested. Either way I would try to be as nice as possible trying to communicate with this person.

Comment

Sounds like solid advice .
      Thanks for taking the time , man !

Comment

Yikes.

96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarodactyl View Post
          Is it easy to overlook our incoming pm’s here ?
          When you receive a new Private Message, the "Messages" link at the very top-right of the forum turns bright red. But I can see how someone might miss seeing that alert if they don't frequently look at that corner of the forum.

Looking forward to the next update on your story. Hopefully everybody comes out happy at the end of it.

Comment

I don't know if I have gotten a message since the forum update. I couldn't tell you what it looks like.
            But I should get an email sent letting me know I have a message.... an email that I check once at the start of each month to keep the account active.

Comment

Very interesting story.....that would be quite the reunion if you can work something out I still have my first guitar from 1984 and it means a lot to me to play the same thing at age 50 now that I played when I was like 13-14
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

Speaking of guitar reunions, Dave Navarro and Billy Corgan were recently reunited with their old guitars. Made for great stories. I hope OP's story also concludes happily.

Dave Navarro: https://www.guitarworld.com/news/dav...28-years-later

Billy Corgan: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...guitar-790482/

Comment

The woman wouldn't even take a reward from Corgan.
                  Gotta' respect that.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Totally!

Made me wonder, what would be our (Jackson/Charvel) version of a guitar reunion story? Perhaps Alexi Laiho being reunited with his 24-fret Rhoads guitars that were stolen from him? Any other examples?

Comment

As far as Jackson is concerned , Alexi’s v’s are the only one that I can think of.

Comment

Good luck with recovering it. See the helpful thread below regarding purchasing potentially stolen guitars (or anything else), particularly post #14 from PowerTube. As mentioned there, it doesn't matter how many times it was resold since it was initially stolen, those sales don't count since it was initially stolen. I hear news reports about individuals trying to sell masterpiece paintings that have been in the family for decades, only to find it was stolen way back when from the original owner, and not necessarily by the people who currently own it:

https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/othe...-stolen-guitar
                        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                          Good luck with recovering it. See the helpful thread below regarding purchasing potentially stolen guitars (or anything else), particularly post #14 from PowerTube. As mentioned there, it doesn't matter how many times it was resold since it was initially stolen, those sales don't count since it was initially stolen. I hear news reports about individuals trying to sell masterpiece paintings that have been in the family for decades, only to find it was stolen way back when from the original owner, and not necessarily by the people who currently own it:
                          Things over here work a bit differently concerning the law for stolen goods
                          There's a difference between "fencing" and "a sale in good faith" Hence: If I were to buy a 2nd hand USA soloist (or any item for that matter) at a price way below market value, there is reason for suspicion
                          However, if I were to buy the item at market value, there is no reason for me to believe that there's something wrong

(this of course works a bit differently when it comes to stolen capital like art, especially when it concerns war theft, there's also the better registration of items of this caliber)
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

A couple things, and don't take this as legal advice just an observation: Since the Criminal Statutes of Limitations is going to be far less that 27 years for something like this, you might be out of luck regardless of the fact that you filed a police report. And what I'm curious about is if you knew who stole it, why didn't the police get involved to get it back? Seems like they could have found the guy long before 27 years and death. Not meaning that to sound confrontational, just curious.

Also how do you know for a fact that it's the same guitar? did they listed the SN on here and it's a match or are you going with it just looks like the same guitar?

In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I just now figured out how to respond to somebody’s posting . First time participating in a discussion on a forum. I’m making a mess of this thread , sorry !
                              Last edited by guitarodactyl; 06-28-2019, 01:43 AM. Reason: I’m a child of divorce thats easily confused.

Comment

Working...
                              X