Can anybody identify this color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody identify this color?

Back in the eighties, my brother had an old Jackson Strat, dual HB, bolt on maple neck, maple board, Kahler trem. He now regrets selling it and cant find another like it, so he is going to do a Custom Shop order. We are having trouble identifying the finish, but it resembled the finish on this Charvel currently listed on ebay. Can anybody identify this finish and does anybody have full specs for the old mid-eighties Jackson Strats; e.g., pups, body wood, etc?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Origin...edirect=mobile

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Charvel Model Series guitars came in so few finish options that they're usually well-documented and reasonably easy to identify. Unlike, say, Ibanez which had multiple shades of blue, red, purple, etc. each.

That's what Charvel called cobalt blue. However, that's really not my idea of cobalt blue as it doesn't look like actual cobalt blue. I explain here: https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...52#post2423652

Comment

His may have had a green tint as well, but hard to remember.

Comment

This is similar to the "Burgundy Mist" color. Most came in a deep purple/red almost black. But then there are PINK guitars which still carry the "Burgundy Mist" color name. Fun times.

Comment

I remember the USA SL1 in the middle of the nineties with that color, I think they used to call it Blue Green Pearl

Comment

hard to tell with the flash but it looks like electric blue to me...cobalt was usually a darker blue...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Blue green pearl might be it!

Comment

These recreations of long lost loves are always slightly disappointing in my experience. It's like cloning a dog. I'd just pick a cool color and give this one its own identity. Just a thought.

Comment

The color of that Charvel is called electric blue and was a standard color for the import model series. I have that same guitar and color. Inside, the color looks darker (like the pics from the Ebay listing) but outside or in direct light, it is a bit brighter in color. Here's a pic of my model 2 outside. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricey View Post
                    Blue green pearl might be it!
                    It's not blue/green pearl. Jackson had that color much later, and they weren't on Charvels. Definitely electric blue.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I bought this in January 2003 for $100.00 out the door in a pawn shop (the case wasn't included):

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                        The color of that Charvel is called electric blue....

Yep.
                        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Sorry, I kinda lost track of this post! That single pickup Jackson Strat pic posted by Powertube is the color of my brothers old Jackson Strat. Does anybody know what they called that color?

What a STEAL Powertube!
                          Last edited by Ricey; 08-08-2020, 02:54 PM.

Comment

if it is not the electric blue that others have said, i would think that is Cobalt Blue

Comment

I've learned my lesson since I first posted in this thread. It's electric blue. It's the lighter shade of blue. The darker one is cobalt blue (though I still disagree with the name since it's far darker than actual cobalt!).

Comment

Working...
                              X