Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Jackson Adrian Smith sdx vs old?problems fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jackson Adrian Smith sdx vs old?problems fixed?

First,Is this the same model https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...dxm/2913052576

as this https://www.thomannmusic.no/jackson_..._sdx_mn_sw.htm

it say it has truss rod adjusted at nut on Jackson webpage,but after som search on older post it say the guitar have trussrod adjustment at the neck heel.? Is all the earlier problems been fixed in the new models? Like high e slip etc

Yes... same model.
    The issue with the lower E string slipping off thew fretboard has been addressed. They simply changed the nut from a wide string spacing to a narrow one (R3).
    Typical Jackson spec error. The truss rod adjustment is at the heel, which makes it a pain to adjust. Some early promo pics of the revised model in 2017 showed a wheel adjustment like the newer Charvel's, but Jackson never implemented it.
    -Rick

Comment

Adrian has a truss rod spoke wheel on his green guitar (seen below) but I have no idea whether he had that added afterwards or if Jackson included it when they built the guitar for him. As far as I am able to determine, none of his other personal Jackson guitars have it, nor do any of the SDX and USA versions.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
        Yes... same model.
        The issue with the lower E string slipping off thew fretboard has been addressed. They simply changed the nut from a wide string spacing to a narrow one (R3).
        Typical Jackson spec error. The truss rod adjustment is at the heel, which makes it a pain to adjust. Some early promo pics of the revised model in 2017 showed a wheel adjustment like the newer Charvel's, but Jackson never implemented it.
        Thanks guys
        Okey,so whats written on Jackson website :
        Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
        is false?

Comment

Originally posted by K.nizm View Post
          Thanks guys
          Okey,so whats written on Jackson website :
          Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
          is false?
          Yep... false.
          -Rick

Comment

Not sure this link works, but here is a link to the promo pic for the 2017 SDX that never became a reality.
            This would have been perfect had it been released.

​​​​​​https://sites.google.com/view/ricksguitars/sdx

Last edited by rjohnstone; 05-02-2019, 11:14 AM.
            -Rick

Comment

Okey,thanks.then it is not the guitar for me

Comment

I modified my neck so i can get an allen wrench in there without removing the neck. It's actually really easy to do.

Comment

Working...
                X