Hellow from new Guy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellow from new Guy!

Just wanted to say Hello!!... from the new guy on the block. I'm on other forums but just now joining this one.

I'm looking to learn about the Charvel San Dimas SD1. Been learning about them and I think I'd really like one, so gassing at this point.

I've had Jacksons before in the past and I just couldn't bond with the necks.

My avatar is actually a custom B.C. Rich ST III in yellow that I had made in 1984 when I lived in L.A, the thing is amazing.

Looking forward to it!
    Last edited by Razzle; 01-09-2019, 12:18 PM.

Hello and welcome.

Comment

Hello.

I have a snakeskin USA ST-III bolt on, Love it.

I have a trio of MIJ ProMod's, one SD, one SoCal, and one Wildcard. They are all excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
        Hello and welcome.
        thanks!

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        Hello.
        I have a snakeskin USA ST-III bolt on, Love it.
        I have a trio of MIJ ProMod's, one SD, one SoCal, and one Wildcard. They are all excellent.
        Aw man would love to see that STIII, send a link to pics!

Yea I gotta learn a bit more about them, but definately jonesing for one now.

Comment

Hello, I am new to the forum. I greet everyone.

Comment

Hello Razzle well you have some good taste! I don't favor jackson necks either unless they are bolt on (DK1) or unfinished. I do love the charvel necks though

hello Jola!

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by jola19 View Post
                Hello, I am new to the forum. I greet everyone.
                Hello. Are you in jail (location = Police)?

Comment

Police?
                  Welcome, all.

I'm not familiar with Charvel necks. Are they more rounded, like, say, an SL2H or RR1?
                  ...as opposed to the thin 'D' shape as are many Jacksons?
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Are you interested in the mid 1990's Charvel SD1 - 24 frets, 2 hum, oiled body?
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                      Are you interested in the mid 1990's Charvel SD1 - 24 frets, 2 hum, oiled body?
                      Not totally sure yet, I had found another guitar that appears to be a parts guitar but I'm trying to go through a few models on that thread, it's located HERE.

For me, I would like 24 frets but from my experience a 24-3/4 scale 24 fret guitar is unusable, they're just too small. I could hang with the 25-1/2 scale 21 fret thing, but I'd really like a 24 fret if I could find it. The thing is, I have compound radius necks and absolutely love them, and so the neck profile is the more important thing. The PU configuration isn't all that important, I could go with a HH but would prefer a SSH. Want a painted body and it's got to be purple, but I have a lot of EBMMs and LOVE oiled necks.

thanks!
                      Last edited by Razzle; 01-11-2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X