Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson neck repair

Hey everyone,
    So I picked up a korina KV1 from across the pond and it showed up with a broken neck. The break is where you'd expect it, right below the head. It's all the way through but still connected. No loose pieces. Insurance was taken out but Swedens Nord Post is claiming they didn't do anything wrong, and our USPS is claiming the same thing. Basically pointing fingers at each other. So Sweden offered to reimburse shipping and money by the weight of the package. Both totaling about $400. Very shitty. The seller is working on a dispute. In the meantime I am looking for a repair shop. The luthier I have used in the past for this type of repair is no longer in business. I would prefer a somewhat local shop but would ship. I contacted a place in Chicago and they gave me an email quote based on pictures. I just don't know much about them other than their website. Does anyone have any experience with Third Coast Guitar, or any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Kevin
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

"I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Comment

Man that sucks! at least it can be repaired though. All I got for ya http://guitarrepairoftampabay.com/contact_us.asp
        \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Not sure if he's still doing repair work, but I'd give Lee at GMW a call.

Comment

Thanks guys. I thought of Lee, but thought I remember hearing he doesn't do that anymore. It's worth a shot though. I even thought of having the whole guitar refinished in trans black to help hide the repair. The value of it being original and clean is blown now so I just want it to keep and not be reminded of the break.

Comment

Have you used these guys before?

Comment

What about Sully? He may be able to help

Comment

Sully may be too busy with his own stuff but that's a good idea. I'll reach out to him. Thanks

Comment

Wow! I'm sorry man. That's a real bummer. I don't know what I would do if I'd finally had the chance to buy a Korina KV1 just to open the case and see it like that. Hope you find a way to repair it correctly.

Comment

Sorry for the break, but it is repairable. I would also include Mike Learn on a short list of luthiers if you are going to ship it out. He does quality restorative work with Jacksons that I can attest to, although it wasn't on a neck break. He also is a Jackson authorized repair person and has access to a lot of Jackson oem items like Lee. He's also closer in distance to you as he live in Colorado.
                      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Never used them but with all the brands they are authorized to repair doubt you could go wrong. With their location being so close to the United Center and City Winery they probably gets lots of professional musicians walking in.

Comment

Make n music uses them
                          https://www.makenmusic.com/pages/guitar-repair-chicago

Them I know bought my second charvel from them back in the late 80's

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                            Not sure if he's still doing repair work, but I'd give Lee at GMW a call.
                            Lee's been doing a lot of repair and refin work lately. I recently bought an explorer with a small crack in the neck. I shared the pics with him before I bought it and got his thoughts about the repair. He thought the repair was simple and didn't have any problems doing the work. He said to ship it to him when I was ready. So I'd be surprised if he wouldn't repair this KV1.

Comment

Fuck that sucks man. You have good taste.
                              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                              X