No announcement yet.

A Visual representation of Jackson V vs. Other V-Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMG actually has a few custom shop Double Rhoads guitars in stock right now, and I remember seeing a few at either Rainbow or Music Zoo. They do build them from time to time but only as custom shop pieces.

http://www.cmcguitars.com/jackson-us...-green-guitar/
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Amazing ! It seems to me MIK guitars are only a couple steps down from Japan.
      The problem with your pickups doesn't seem to be a problem that's the fault of the guitar maker or construction though. I've read dozens of reviews of people buying that pickup set without the guitar and having the same issue. These are made iN USA I believe as all the "Seymour Duncan" labeled pickups. Why they would ship a PREMIUM pair of pickups with such a shitty pot with an American Label is totally beyond my understanding.

Another oddity: Rep from SD on email AND through Twitter told me I could just quick connect swap the Mustaine out of any EMG type guitar and it would work without anything else to do (just click it). But with diff pots this can't be true.
      However, how would it sound if using a higher K pot from EMG??

And if they really want people to change out of EMG to SD quickly they should have designed it hassle free like the rep said. (Or physically impossible?)

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Fretwork is great. Neck feels awesome, playability and construction are excellent. It's got the lowest action of just about any guitar I've owned without any string buzz.

When I first got it, the volume pot went bad pretty quickly, so I just went to a local shop and had it replaced. It was a bit of a pain in the ass, as EMGs and most active pickups use 25k pots, but these Mustaine Livewires use 100k. After the repair was done, I emailed Dean and told them what happened, they asked for a copy of the work invoice since it was done at an authorized Dean dealer (different from where I purchased it from) and they sent me a check for like $85 (or however much the shop charged me) and a free T-shirt and some stickers. That was some pretty awesome customer service!

Comment

Korean guitars have definitely come a long way. Some Indonesian builds are not bad, either.

About the pot, I know it wasn't Dean's fault the pot crapped out, but they were awesome and took care of me.

As far as using a higher pot value with EMGs, I've got no clue. Probably sound a little bit brighter like passive pots?

I just know that the Livewires (at least the Mustaine set) came with 100k pots.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
          And a Kiesel/Carvin Ultra V. But I guess no one's listening. All good, cause I got my first one coming soon and then I can compare to a KV1/RR1.
          I had an Ultra V (first year pointy version). I think that because the long horn is on the bottom, it is less awkward - not top heavy.

The one thing though...
          Most Carvin guitars are not 25.5", so if we tried to size the pictures to line up nut and 12th fret, you'd be looking at an "enlarged" Carvin.
          Last edited by pianoguyy; 06-24-2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

The one thing though...
            Most Carvin guitars are not 25.5", so if we tried to size the pictures to line up nut and 12th fret, you'd be looking at an "enlarged" Carvin.
            Yep, the Ultra V is 25" scale. The new 7-string version is 25.5".
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yea, good point. I'd have a big problem trying to compare scales to all the other guitars if they aren't 25.5" scale. I think Kerry's and the BC Rich V guitars are also 24.75" scale as well.
              I mean I could scale the body to be identical, but then I have to ask myself, is it SUPPOSED to line up identically? Or is it supposed to be smaller? I'd have a lot more errors.
              I think since the Explorers are mostly 24.75" as well except for the Kelly, doing that might be another lesson in Futility as well..
              Unless u guys know of a way I can do this correctly, then I'll do it all!

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Yep, the Ultra V is 25" scale. The new 7-string version is 25.5".

Comment

How about adding Mille Petrozza's guitar to the mix. It's like a Double Arrow, looks Uber-cool. Should be interesting. Just my 2 cents as a V enthusiast

http://www.espguitars.com/products/1...mille-petrozza

What do you think about the guitar? I'd totally buy it if it were a 7 string!!!

Comment

Sure np. I'll update it with any 25.5" scale .. but that happens not to be one. oops. I could line up the body somehow but I'm not sure if the scaling will be right. Like I'd need to compare them in person and overlap them to make sure one body isn't bigger than the other. because I can't compare the necks at all.

Originally posted by Yash View Post
                  How about adding Mille Petrozza's guitar to the mix. It's like a Double Arrow, looks Uber-cool. Should be interesting. Just my 2 cents as a V enthusiast

http://www.espguitars.com/products/1...mille-petrozza

What do you think about the guitar? I'd totally buy it if it were a 7 string!!!

Comment

How do the lengths of the v (specifically the rr and king v) compare to a normal dinky s shape if anyone knows?

Comment

Working...
                    X