Charvel 7 strings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 7 strings?

does anyone know of any 7 string charvels other than the three I've only ever seen, two of which are on the music zoo site and another with a quilt top I believe and its greenish from matts music, check it out if the ad's up top . I've just been curious for that for a long time, they should release some san dimas style ones for production at least once...I would buy it Anyways I think this post is gonna be a far stretch as I truly believe those are the only 3 in existence , but lets see if anything turns up
    Last edited by rudociliak; 02-26-2016, 05:39 PM.

meh, I already fear this thread is dead, I found 2 others and that's it...

Comment

I believe Xenophobe had one... he said there were issues with it and he returned it.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        I believe Xenophobe had one... he said there were issues with it and he returned it.
        Yeah, I had the one hum matte black with maple neck... neck was just WRONG. It was a fairly complex warp... I know I sent it back to them and it didn't show back on their website for nearly 5 months, so I'm assuming it went back to the factory to be fixed. The neck was CNC'd and sterile as fuck. It just didn't have any of that microscopic set of inconsistent flaws executed so well it that it's consistent. If you've owned a CS handmade handshaped neck, you'll know exactly what I meant by that.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That's kinda what I remembered you saying. Any pics of it?

Comment

I had a San Dimas 2H that I had seen at NAMM 2012. It was oiled mahogany with a blank maple board. It was great playing but I had to sell it to save some of my other ones.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              That's kinda what I remembered you saying. Any pics of it?
              Yep.

And it just felt wrong too. My 7 string Stealth is a better guitar.

Comment

It sure looks nice, though.

Comment

what a bummer!!, man it sure does look nice it looks like it plays like a dream. Very lucky to have owned it but I also guess not so lucky aswell.... I wonder about the other ones then, maybe it was just that one? I had to get my so-cal neck redone with the frets because the 1 piece neck eventually twisted at the neck joint, very shitty. I guess that the california climate over to the ontario climate does the job for that ...

Comment

I don't know about the other ones. I owned it for a total of a day and a half and it went back without me even trying to give it an action job. I'm a fairly good judge if I can get a better setup on a guitar, but not that one. String height on bass end was over 4mm @ 22nd fret because it needed to be. I'm sure it got fixed though.

Comment

4mm , they shouldve vulcanized the necks and added carbon rods, fuck its a custom shop anyways why not. Just like guthries

Comment

That would have been a much cooler guitar if they had used figured wood and baked the neck.... I would probably ended up keeping it.

Comment

Working...
                        X