No announcement yet.

Mystery: Is it a Jackson or a Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery: Is it a Jackson or a Charvel?

I'm trying to find out about the guitar in the first charvel model AD. The AD say's First impressions, and pictures what is supposed to be a red charvel model 6, But the guitar looks more like an 1985 Jackson soloist custom. Anyone know any thing about this guitar???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARVEL-JACK...item589205f02d

It's an early production import Charvel Model 6. Thats all.

Comment

thanks

Comment

1986 Charvel Model 6 to be specific.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Wow, binding over the frets, too!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very nice Model 6 you have there.

Comment

That is very cool.

Comment

Wow, just what is that ? Is that an actual Japanese production model or a USA prototype ?

Comment

By the time they started that import line, they weren't even doing the binding nibs on USA guitars. Highly doubtful that's a USA-built prototype, IMHO. Especially without a serial number.

Comment

Early.... first run perhaps?

As for a prototype... when they opened shop in Japan they actually went over there and showed them how they wanted guitars crafted... this could be the end result of one of them. Highly doubtful though. There are a lot of odd one-offs that have come out of Chushin Gakki or whatever, but usually not this early. Most one-offs are usually post 89.

Nice score either way.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Notice the finish looks a little more blood red than Ferrari red. That's definitely a unique one.

Also, don't know if it's original but notice the USA G&G case ? Small possibility that was a USA prototype for Japanese production.

edit........I keep going back looking at this guitar. Notice it also has a white nut instead of the production black plastic nut.
                        Last edited by lepard; 06-17-2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Being a 1986, is there a serial number on the back of the headstock ?

Remember, the 86's and early 87's had the serial number on the back of the headstock. In fact, I just bought a 1987 a couple days ago with the serial number on the back of the headstock:

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X