Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dandea45 View Post
    Very nice!,,lepard.
    LOL. That's only part of 1 wall. It's like that around the entire large room.

Comment

Well you def have a rare one there. No doubt about that. Very nice guitar. I think lepards right.

Comment

I think he's right too. I'm looking into it and hope to have some history on the guitar soon,

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

If you look at the guitar and the AD in person you can actually see the same grain pattern in the rosewood fretboard. anyone have any ideas who to contact to verify this guitar as the one in the AD from 1986???

Comment

I just found a thread in the archive by budman68 under import charvel guitars #86 from 3-31-2003 Charvel model 6...Anyone ever see these, he talks about this charvel AD.

Comment

If you look at the guitar and the AD in person you can actually see the same grain pattern in the rosewood fretboard. anyone have any ideas who to contact to verify this guitar as the one in the AD from 1986???
                Excellent ! That's the way to verify for sure, grain patern in the rosewood.

I would venture to say that the only person who could tell you for sure about that guitar would be Grover Jackson. However, if the rosewood grain matches, we have it all figured out: A 1985 USA San Dimas prototype for the 1986 Japanese Charvel Model 6 production.

Comment

.......and here's more verification. Take a look at your picture of your 2 model 6's together and look at the positioning of the 3 toggle switches. The red one is different, unlike the production model. And guess what, it matches the catalog cover guitar.

Comment

also, look at the spacing of the 3 control knobs. They are spaced further apart on the red guitar. Notice where the 3rd knob is located and then look at the catalog guitar.......... the same.

Comment

just speculating,lepard, In your personal opinion, and if it was verified to be the one in the ad, what do you think it might be worth.??

Comment

just speculating,lepard, In your personal opinion, and if it was verified to be the one in the ad, what do you think it might be worth.??
                        Well, I don't think there's any doubt about it being the guitar in the ad. If you could post some closeups of the woodgrain on the fretboard, that would prove beyond the shadow of a doubt. Your only issue then is proving that it was actually made in the USA. Only a seasoned longtime Charvel/Jackson fan(some of the people here) would know these guitars well enough to recognize it for what it is. Were you the guy selling it on eBay or did you buy it off eBay recently ? I see the eBay auction was in California so that's more proof that it came from there.

Comment

Yes, It came from ocean side CA. which is about 45 minutes from san dimas. did you see what I paid for it.??

Comment

Yes, It came from ocean side CA. which is about 45 minutes from san dimas. did you see what I paid for it.??
                            http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charvel-Mode...p2047675.l2557

Damn he sure gigged you on the shipping. I take it you're in the USA ?

You must have a thing for the Kahler'd versions. I have a nice collection of 1987-88 Model 5's and 6's.

Comment

For comparisons sakes, here's a couple of my 1985 USA Soloists, both made about the same time as yours and both with binding over frets, etc.:

Last edited by lepard; 06-20-2014, 12:18 AM.

Comment

I like the first year 86 models, I'm trying to get one of each model from 1986, I have all of them except the model one, I can't find one for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X