X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel/Jackson USA Mutt with EMGS or New Jackson CBX

Hey all

need some advice
    looking for a new 4 string was looking at this J/C USA mutt or a new Jackson CBX
    Which one would yall buy?
    open to other suggestions two
    my budget is 400 bucks

Here is a pic of the mutt

GASP /A MUTT THOSE DILLUTE THE BRAND!.

no just kidding in allseriousness that looks nice barring the chip in the corner id still take that over the CBX though they are supposedly very nice as well.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

What kind of mutt is it. All USA parts or a mix of US and who knows what else.

If it's all US parts I would be tempted to go with it. but, if the CBX is brand new and you would be the first owner, having that factory warranty it pretty good.
      Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
      2007 Jackson DK2M
      1983 Kramer Pacer Special
      2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
      2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Comment

It's all USA parts but it has a few dings
        The body is Charvel #6389 and the neck is Jackson#3876
        badass ii bridge USA EMG P/Js
        Does not have original neck plate tho

Comment

that is a tough one. I know it's tempting to look past the dings cause it looks bad ass and probably sounds it but those dings might bother you over time.

Nothing wrong with some character. Of course you could refinish it later.
          Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
          2007 Jackson DK2M
          1983 Kramer Pacer Special
          2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
          2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Comment

For me, it would have to have binding and black hardware. I vote CBX. Go with what you like.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Looking at the financial side of it, if they're the same price, the mutt is the better deal. I didn't read that Ebay listing, but saw the pic and title, so I'm not able to comment on its authenticity, but if it's legit and the guy wants the same as a new CBX, definitely go with the mutt.

I've got the Dave Ellefson RIP CBX 5-string and a '90s Concert V. The Concert V weighs a bit more, and the CBX's neck profile is a tad more rounded, but it's the same thickness. Aside from that (and the pickups, bridge, and electronics, of course), I'd say they were identical. The CBX plays as well as the Concert V.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Mutt. it's a USA mutt.

Mutt'n been happening since Fender been bolting necks. No biggie.
                >^v^<

Comment

Working...
                X