No announcement yet.

Charvel vs Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though I love Charvels I much more prefer the neck of my Jacksons. Whenever I'd go from my King V to my friend's So-Cal during rehearsal my riffs would become less tight, less stable, just because I'd get so used to the 'metal' neck on the King V. But nothing would be kewler than a Charvel King V. Just to fuck people's minds. If anyone's got pics of some, please show!

Comment

Any SD or SD/Ontario plated bolt on Jackson does it for me essentially a Charvel with a Jackson logo.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I like bolt on necks and strat type bodies, so I picked Jackson
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

You can only play hard rock on Charvels and metal on Jacksons. But if you have a Pre-Fender Jackson you might be able to play 1 grunge song when nobody is looking. You can't play pop or blues on either. Someone in Eddie Murphy's band tried and died the next day. If you have a Texas made Jackson or Charvel and play in the same room as a New Jersey BC Rich you might be able to play some Trixter but only if you install a Wonderbar. Unfortunately you can only play teh br00tz on LTD guitars.

Comment

I don't care for bolt on parts other than Boobies...
            USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
            USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Started with a Jackson first. Played a few Charvels over the years but always went back to my Jackson.
              My Toys:
              '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
              '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
              '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
              '94 Dinky HX in Black
              '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Easy. Jackson.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Jacksons......Just love the ebony/ sharkies /Jackson logo'd headstock

Took me like 25 years to get one after I fell in love with the look as a kid
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

oh my god Larz how could you wait for 25 years?

Comment

I never liked Strats so i say Jackson,.
                      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

It's been Jackson for like...........ever, but I'll see how I feel when my new Desolation Star arrives in a few weeks.....................a few very, very long weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
                          You can only play hard rock on Charvels and metal on Jacksons. But if you have a Pre-Fender Jackson you might be able to play 1 grunge song when nobody is looking. You can't play pop or blues on either. Someone in Eddie Murphy's band tried and died the next day. If you have a Texas made Jackson or Charvel and play in the same room as a New Jersey BC Rich you might be able to play some Trixter but only if you install a Wonderbar. Unfortunately you can only play teh br00tz on LTD guitars.
                          this
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

It's funny, after owning more than 30 USA and Custom Jacksons, owning a handful of import Charvels and a couple SD Charvels, the 2nd best player out of all of them?

My dinky strathead. The #1 was a Custom KV that the person that sold it to me wanted back for sentimental reasons. Even my beloved Malevolent Creation Warrior came in 3rd place. I wish I hadn't sold that.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

1980s San Dimas Charvels...hands down.
                              The strat heads are my faves, but I also dig the early pointy head stock ones too. That all being said, my *very* favorite guitars are 1980s BC Rich Gunslingers...I'm all about the 80s hairband colors and graphics...and oh yes, fast maple necks.
                              I just can't seem to "bond" with Jacksons...

Comment

I dig them both but I have never found a jackson with the mojo that has been in a few of my charvels, some of them are just meant to be the pieces that are together. Now I have gotten more into building exactly what I want.
                                Haters gonna hate
                                Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X