Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my Mustaine V please!!!

Greetings all!!

Long time lurker... lazy as hell poster!!

I have a Jackson Dave Mustaine V...... can someone give me a little info about it. I have sent Jackson an email, but got nothing in return. Email number 2 wasnt replied to either!!!

Apparently, Mustaine V's started production in 1993, but my serial number says its 92!!! Unless im wrong of course!!! Serial number J201868.

Yeah, some douchebag also changed the bridge from a Kahler 7330 to a 7300, which led to them installing a locking nut. I dont understand why you would put a trem on the guitar, when it was a fixed bridge model.......who knows what some people think!!!

Although the EMGs were installed by me, simply because it had a Duncan Invader in the neck position...its currently on ebay but not stressed if it doesnt sell, id love to keep it, even though i dont play 6 strings anymore....but needless to say, the guitar will be restored to its former glory with standard issue parts!!!!

Another interesting point is the signature on the headstock.......i dont think i have seen another Mustaine V with his signature like this...ie...Dave on top and Mustaine on bottom!!!

Is this guitar a 1st production run or something??!! Someone on the Megadeth forums might think the serial number was stamped wrong!!!!

Here are some pics for you to have a look at and let me know if there is anything else you can tell me!!

The catalogue pic is from 94-95
    Cheers and beers!!!

Looks nice. Might not be worth your $3000 asking price but it's pretty sweet and good luck with the sale!
    Guitars:
    Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
    Ibanez S520EX
    Jackson DK2M

Comment

Originally posted by Advv View Post
      Looks nice. Might not be worth your $3000 asking price but it's pretty sweet and good luck with the sale!
      $3,000 for an import King V Pro?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeap. On the Bay.
        Guitars:
        Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
        Ibanez S520EX
        Jackson DK2M

Comment

Cheap plug for your sale, bro. 3 posts by the way, nice!
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

This one you mean?

That's going to be on the bay for a long time if you ask me, you could go get a brand spanking new USA for less than that, you're probably not far off entering bloody custom shop pricing asking for that amount of $.
            Gear

Jackson DXMG
            Jackson JS30RR
            Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
            Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
            Blackstar HT5H
            Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
            Marshall JCM 800 2203
            Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Although the EMGs were installed by me, simply because it had a Duncan Invader in the neck position...its currently on ebay but not stressed WHEN it doesnt sell, id love to keep it, even though i dont play 6 strings anymore....but needless to say, the guitar will be restored to its former glory with standard issue parts!!!!

I fixed it for you lol!

Comment

Originally posted by metalone View Post
                the guitar will be restored to its former glory with standard issue parts!!!!
                Have fun with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Alien DNA View Post
                  Another interesting point is the signature on the headstock.......i dont think i have seen another Mustaine V with his signature like this...ie...Dave on top and Mustaine on bottom!!!

The catalogue pic is from 94-95

You apparently didn't look at the catalog scan to see the signature is the same way?
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                    Cheap plug for your sale, bro. 3 posts by the way, nice!
                    He is a Platinum Member, though. Don't know if that's recent...
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah i guess it does look like a cheap plug, that wasnt my intention, so i do apologize for that!! Got frustrated coz i didnt hear back from Jackson!!! No one can tell me anything about the serial number!!!

Either way, if it does stay with me, im happy for that!!!

Thanks anyway for all your comments!

Comment

I had a first run silver sparkle with the blank truss rod cover, made in 92. Like a dumbass I sold it, mine was mint.

Comment

I lived in Japan between 90 ~ 92. The "Dave Mustaine Professional Model" began to be manufactured and marketed in late 1991 only for the Japanese market for a short period, soon became the "King V Pro" for export. The "japanese market only" models manufactured in late 1991 didn't had the Dave Mustaine signature on Headstock and had a gold metallic thruss rod cover with the word "professional" on it. So is perfect possible that your guitar was manufactured in 1992.

I have an add that I took from a magazine from that time. Sorry for the quality of the photos, were taken from my cell phone.

Comment

Thank you freekin heaps cerberus!!!! Thats awesome news, finally i got some decent information!!! Kudos mate

Any chance i could get some high res scans of that please dude??

Comment

No problem, I should have scanned the image, but was too lazy to use the computer that has scanner (it's in another room ) .

Comment

Working...
                              X