Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll throw something out here I just bought 8339 .....but it came in a run of the new production models 2 hum strathead no pickguard red in color.I was told by the dealer he got this one from the jackson rep.Has the new style vol knob,grover tuners and was sold to me as a new production model.Could they have used a left over neck plate?The neck has a bunch of flame too.
    Last edited by straycat; 08-03-2008, 01:40 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      I'll throw something out here I just bought 8339 .....
      Probably some kind of prototype? I discovered 8336 which is a tangerine SoCal.

Comment

Jo:I have some inside info on a Blk proto-type So-Cal owned & played by Jon Levin of Dokken.
        I'll PM you.
        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

are you saying that you think they used left-over neck plates for some of the very first of the production models? -thats kind cool! I mean really cool!!!
          Ratt & Roll

Comment

The productions model guitars with 4-digit serial numbers are prototypes. I doubt that they used left over neckplates for them.

Comment

While we are on this topic, I just put this up in another thread. In my shop, we picked up candy tangerine So Cal #8338 (mine!)

and pagan gold Tele # 8354 (my employees)

and black San Dimas 1 # 8359 (mine)

These were the guitars that our rep took around and showed to prospective dealers to drum up interest in the new production models. These three guitars are just killer. These were the ones we played when we said, "YES WE WANT TO BE DEALERS! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Then months later we got the chance to buy our reps guitars!
              Last edited by Chubtone; 10-09-2008, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks. I'll add these guitars, with the next update. Seems we have 2 Tangerine So Cal prototypes now. I think I better call them rep-guitars... or something like that

Comment

+86
                  Thanks to all contributors

I left the Production Models out, since I noticed that it's too tedious and I don't have the time. Custom Shop only. Production model are available for someone else

Comment

Well Busdriver 8339 is in my stable finally out of layaway.So the rep story I was told is factual.Very cool.

Comment

Well after some quality time with 8339 I'm hooked what a killer guitar.Its starting to realize its a guitar by that I mean its starting to vibrate all the way down the neck to the nut.
                      Chubb do your protos have flamey necks? Have you pulled the necks to see if there are any special info in the neck pocket?It would be cool if the first ones had some kind of indication they were protos.

Comment

I bought 6629 and it will be here tomarrow. It's a San Dimas 2 hum black with floyd rose and ebony board. I noticed it isn't listed. My demartini is on the chart already, 7968, who owned it before me? I got it from GC used in Ohio.
                        This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by tgreensl1 View Post
                          I bought 6629 and it will be here tomarrow.
                          Thanks, I will add your guitar to the list

Originally posted by tgreensl1 View Post
                          My demartini is on the chart already, 7968, who owned it before me? I got it from GC used in Ohio.
                          My 7968 picture is from Musiczoo. I noticed that many Charvels which originally are listed at Musiczoo are eventually sold by other dealers. A little bit strange. Musiczoo probably could not get rid of it and gave it back to Charvel and it ended up at GC.

Comment

+36
                            It's getting difficult to find new CS guitars. Ebay & dealer websites are flooded with production models and only a few contributions from here...

I'm not sure, but I believe I missed someone from the latest contributors in the thanks-list. Drop me a message if you think you are missing
                            Last edited by busdriver; 02-19-2009, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I moved the list to another place, in case you bookmarked it. It got too large. New URL is http://www.weber.de1.cc
                              I also changed it in the initial posting.

Comment

marked
                                www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Working...
                                X